2009 1/2 MY Kickoff has 4000 Escapes Held at KCMO

kc0ejx

Just got off the phone with FMC at KCMO. It seems that the model year kickoff for the 2009.5 Escapes is holding up 4000 completed units at KCMO. 1500 units are at Allied ramp 4d. Other units are stored at ramp 5d and at the plant awaiting FMC to release them.

I have a FEH that was completed last week and is not manifested yet. It is currently at Allied ramp 4d.

I have it from good inside intel that it might load on the railcar on Wed 12/17 or Thu 12/18.

So if anyone has a completed unit at KCMO, it might be a little while longer to ship.

FMC and the railroads are now saying that foul weather in the KC area will delay the shipments even longer.

btw. My FEH was ordered on July 10 and started production on Nov 25. The truck was released completed on Dec 6.

Update: Ford has released the hold on the 2009 1/2 Escapes at KCMO.

My FEH has been picked up at Worlds of Fun (ramp 4d) and hauled via truck to the KC mixing center to be loaded.

It was loaded on a railcar at 12:09 Saturday, 12/20.

Projected delivery at the ramp in Houston 12/24.

Due to the Christmas holiday the dealer expects delivery from the ramp on Friday 12/26 or Saturday 12/27.

I can't wait!

Update: Ford has released the hold on the 2009 1/2 Escapes at KCMO.

My FEH has been picked up at Worlds of Fun (ramp 4d) and hauled via truck to the KC mixing center to be loaded.

It was loaded on a railcar at 12:09 Saturday, 12/20.

Projected delivery at the ramp in Houston 12/24.

Due to the Christmas holiday the dealer expects delivery from the ramp on Friday 12/26 or Saturday 12/27.

I can't wait!

If by chance your vehicle is on a Norfolk Southern rail car, they have a toll free number that allows you to speak that information into the phone and it will tell you where in their system the rail car is (or is on its way too). Mine took the "great Midwest whistle-stop tour" as it made its way from KC to the final rail destination of Jessup, MD. Here's the information copied from their web site:

Voice Trace is a speech driven system that provides callers a railcar’s current location, ETA, destination, next scheduled event, and weight. A voice operator serves as a guide through word and letter recognition prompts. For Homeland Security purposes Voice Trace does not release information on hazardous material shipments.

Voice Trace – 1-800-635-5768 (Customer Service), option 1

Voice Trace Direct – 1-800-241-9230

(Norfolk Southern’s most recent deployment of the Voice Trace platform (November 2007) utilizes what was widely regarded as the industries most advanced speech recognition software and top rated product support vendor.)