question for woodhaven employees

wingzrule19

Can anyone from Woodhaven let me know what are the shift start times, any overtime, and would '91 seniorty hold day shift? Thanks for any help

7am

3pm

11pm

Only about 15 people work each saturday give or take a few. I have only worked one saturday since March and I sign up every week. You can hold days for now but if they bring in the people they are talking about then maybe not.

11 pm start 10%

7 am start 0%

3 pm start 5%

Well, it's a job I guess. Unless you have high senority, you will not be able to hold midnights. There is only about 30 people on midnights(production). Production wise almost all the old guys are gone so there is very few bid jobs that will open. If you have low senority you will be locked on afternoons. Hot in the summer, cold in the winter in some spots. Dirty in many areas. Terrible management, lots of bs.

Well, it's a job I guess. Unless you have high senority, you will not be able to hold midnights. There is only about 30 people on midnights(production). Production wise almost all the old guys are gone so there is very few bid jobs that will open. If you have low senority you will be locked on afternoons. Hot in the summer, cold in the winter in some spots. Dirty in many areas. Terrible management, lots of bs.

Thanks for the insight...would November of 1987 be considered high seniority? Also, about how many non-skilled UAW employees does the plant have?

According to the message I received by telephone, we have a tentative report date of March 2. The message also said Woodhaven would send us reporting info via mail.

Woodhaven currently has about 45 production on TLO and a handful of skilled trades on ILO. The date keeps getting pushed back because honestly we do not need any production right now. They beg people to go home everyday. They say volume is going to increase but yet it's a ghost town in certain areas of the plant, nothing running....

Woodhaven currently has about 45 production on TLO and a handful of skilled trades on ILO. The date keeps getting pushed back because honestly we do not need any production right now. They beg people to go home everyday. They say volume is going to increase but yet it's a ghost town in certain areas of the plant, nothing running....

Thank you for the info...does Woodhaven have a yearly plant shutdown?