Ranger Question

Nick Martin

I'm looking for a truck for my dad, who wants an extended cab 4cyl model, and I found this.

http://hickory.craigslist.org/cto/1154700571.html

The add says 4cyl, and I even called the guy and asked if it was indeed 4 cyl. He confirmed that it is, but to me this looks like an extended cab sport model. Is there any possibility that this is indeed a 4 cyl truck?

I'm looking for a truck for my dad, who wants an extended cab 4cyl model, and I found this.

http://hickory.craigslist.org/cto/1154700571.html

The add says 4cyl, and I even called the guy and asked if it was indeed 4 cyl. He confirmed that it is, but to me this looks like an extended cab sport model. Is there any possibility that this is indeed a 4 cyl truck?

I dont think it should be a 4 banger in there. Until either this year or last year, you couldnt get a 4 banger in the extended cabs. (at least in recent times)

Have him send you the digits of the VIN. the 8th didgit should be a U or an E if its a V6. (i.e. - 1FTYR44E............)

Thanks for the info. I decided not to bother with this one. Someone must have told him it was a 4 cyl when he bought it, so he just took their word for it. That's a shame because now he probably thinks that Ford can't even make a 4 cyl that gets better than 20 mpg.

Thanks for the info. I decided not to bother with this one. Someone must have told him it was a 4 cyl when he bought it, so he just took their word for it. That's a shame because now he probably thinks that Ford can't even make a 4 cyl that gets better than 20 mpg.

The 4cly Rangers with ext cabs are more rare now-a-days. But of you do find one get it with 4:10 rear end gears and the automatic.

You ''end up" with 20mpg city and 26 MPG highway. That and the truck will not be completely underpowered.

The earlier models come in alot of different gear ratios, ford finally learned not to undergear the 4cly's after 2004 so most of the 2005 and later 4 cylinder rangers are automatics with 4:10 ring gear.