Lost Mustang...

If anyone here can locate ordered cars I would appreciate any assistance. I ordered this car eight weeks ago and my dealership will tell me nothing. The VIN number is 1ZVBP8EN2A5133898. I've already put a lot of money down on this car and just would like know something.

Your car was spotted at this past weekends Down River Cruise

3timemustang, All the 2010 Mustangs are being held after assembly due to vendor issues with the air bags. It's a cosmetic fit issue that is being resolved. The dealerships can't track a car once it goes into a holding lot. When Ford gives the ok to ship it, they will be notified. Last Thursday we were told shipping should start this week. I know waiting for your new car sucks, but Ford has to make sure it's a flawless launch. Hopefully you get your 'Stang by the fourth of July, or get a date for arrival at your dealer.

Don't feel too bad. I waited 9 1/2 MONTHS for my 99 F250.

too funny. I had to wait that long for my 99 F250 as well! We finished all the airbags and those stangs should be on their way to the dealerships now! Dont lose faith, this car is awesome! great quality! you shouldnt be disapointed!

Edited by el norte

I've definately learned my lesson. I'll never do this again! Should have ordered from Japan... I'm sure they could at least tell me when the car would arrive even if there is some kind of delay.

I understand your upset, but dont consider japanese! My father in law bought a 75k Lexus, and it sat in the shop for 3 months waiting for a suspension leveling part. The dealership never could give him an answer when they would get the part. We used to joke about how they were shipping it by canoe from Japan. Needless to say he will never buy another japanese vehicle! I work in pre-deliveryat flat rock, and I know we want to give you the best car we can. We cannot help some of the supplier issues going on. Oh yeah, the japanese use alot of the same suppliers as well.

Edited by el norte

I've definately learned my lesson. I'll never do this again! Should have ordered from Japan... I'm sure they could at least tell me when the car would arrive even if there is some kind of delay.

WHY DON'T YOU JUST MOVE TO JAPAN A$$HOLE :censored::censored:

I thought they only made shitbox riceburners.

can you step back a second and look at the root cause of his frustration? it isn't your union, it isn't the product you build, its piss poor customer service. My GT500 hasn't had a status update in 2 weeks, there is a poster on the Shelby forums who hasn't had an update since his car was built 3 1/2 MONTHS ago. most of us have 2-3k deposits down but that guy traded in an '07 back in March and the dealer is holding his 40k until his new car gets here. now how many here would be screaming about taking their business somewhere else if you dropped 3k on a product and they couldn't give you a status update on it because they didn't know?

there is no excuse in today's day and age for not getting a status update daily. if its in the queue to get a QA replacement part there should be someone who walks the lot DAILY and sets up the queue for replacements. if i log on i can see that i'm number 521 of 1101 on the lot. the next day, i should be 491 of 1081 or whatever. as the guy above can attest, if you know there is a QA hold, you should park them in the lot in a FIFO order instead of a hodgepodge of "ooo, i like that color, lets fix it first".

you as an employee (union or not) have a vested interest in management not screwing with customers.

lets take me for example...

1) because of sites like this, i know more about my car than the dealer or the local mustang rep. i knew there was a quality hold on the airbag trim piece, they had no idea

2) because they either don't bother to find out or have a script they use, they say some seriously assinine things. on my latest foray into the black hole of no status update, the ford (mustang?) rep actually said to my dealer "because the 2009's aren't selling well, we aren't releasing the 2010's for a while". now think about that for a minute - he just told me he was going to hold my 2010 hostage until either i rethought a 2009 or others bought the 2009s. i'm a patient person and i also knew the real reason for the delay and i still almost cancelled the order. can you imagine someone who didn't know the backstory?

3) "we want these cars to be perfect" - i'm sure in the past that $50k cars have shown up to the showroom with a rear end rusted like the one below. when my wife saw it, she was like "you are paying 50k for that car? what if the other parts are bad too?"

2010_GT500_Axle1-1.jpg

once again, you have a vested interest in management not making the cars quality (i.e. your work) come into doubt because they are too cheap to toss $10 worth of paint onto the rearend. as for me, i'm going to have to spend 5 or 6 hours sanding and painting a brand new straight off the truck TOP TIER sports car because of an assinine management decision. it isn't as big of an issue for me because i'm a car nut, but my wife, who isn't, is sitting their with a pretty jaded view of your product.

can you step back a second and look at the root cause of his frustration? it isn't your union, it isn't the product you build, its piss poor customer service. My GT500 hasn't had a status update in 2 weeks, there is a poster on the Shelby forums who hasn't had an update since his car was built 3 1/2 MONTHS ago. most of us have 2-3k deposits down but that guy traded in an '07 back in March and the dealer is holding his 40k until his new car gets here. now how many here would be screaming about taking their business somewhere else if you dropped 3k on a product and they couldn't give you a status update on it because they didn't know?

there is no excuse in today's day and age for not getting a status update daily. if its in the queue to get a QA replacement part there should be someone who walks the lot DAILY and sets up the queue for replacements. if i log on i can see that i'm number 521 of 1101 on the lot. the next day, i should be 491 of 1081 or whatever. as the guy above can attest, if you know there is a QA hold, you should park them in the lot in a FIFO order instead of a hodgepodge of "ooo, i like that color, lets fix it first".

you as an employee (union or not) have a vested interest in management not screwing with customers.

lets take me for example...

1) because of sites like this, i know more about my car than the dealer or the local mustang rep. i knew there was a quality hold on the airbag trim piece, they had no idea

2) because they either don't bother to find out or have a script they use, they say some seriously assinine things. on my latest foray into the black hole of no status update, the ford (mustang?) rep actually said to my dealer "because the 2009's aren't selling well, we aren't releasing the 2010's for a while". now think about that for a minute - he just told me he was going to hold my 2010 hostage until either i rethought a 2009 or others bought the 2009s. i'm a patient person and i also knew the real reason for the delay and i still almost cancelled the order. can you imagine someone who didn't know the backstory?

3) "we want these cars to be perfect" - i'm sure in the past that $50k cars have shown up to the showroom with a rear end rusted like the one below. when my wife saw it, she was like "you are paying 50k for that car? what if the other parts are bad too?"

2010_GT500_Axle1-1.jpg

once again, you have a vested interest in management not making the cars quality (i.e. your work) come into doubt because they are too cheap to toss $10 worth of paint onto the rearend. as for me, i'm going to have to spend 5 or 6 hours sanding and painting a brand new straight off the truck TOP TIER sports car because of an assinine management decision. it isn't as big of an issue for me because i'm a car nut, but my wife, who isn't, is sitting their with a pretty jaded view of your product.

Your right! theres no excuse for this! my 2006 gt rear end looked the same and I wasnt to happy about it either. I will show your post to some of the upper management at the plant. I cant be for sure anything will get done, but i will make them aware of that. I wont even get into dealerships! In my opinion its one of the biggest reasons why we lose customers!

If anyone here can locate ordered cars I would appreciate any assistance. I ordered this car eight weeks ago and my dealership will tell me nothing. The VIN number is 1ZVBP8EN2A5133898. I've already put a lot of money down on this car and just would like know something.

I'll see what I can do for you. I work in metal finish and can see if your VIN has been through yet. Not sure how but I'll find a way for ya.

In 1999 I ordered a Mustang Conv. from Brondes Ford in Toledo and was given a delievery date after plunking down 5k. The date came and nothing so I made a call up north. When I got home there was a message asking me to drive 45 minutes south to a dealer that will take care of me. I did and that evening I pulled in my driveway with my new 1999 Cobra Conv. that cost me $40 more a month than my GT would have been. They also put a Roush spoiler on it since it was ordered without one. I've been back to Brondes and bought a Fusion after a 7 year absence. Wayne in new cars took care of me and they have my business again.

I'll see what I can do for you. I work in metal finish and can see if your VIN has been through yet. Not sure how but I'll find a way for ya.

In 1999 I ordered a Mustang Conv. from Brondes Ford in Toledo and was given a delievery date after plunking down 5k. The date came and nothing so I made a call up north. When I got home there was a message asking me to drive 45 minutes south to a dealer that will take care of me. I did and that evening I pulled in my driveway with my new 1999 Cobra Conv. that cost me $40 more a month than my GT would have been. They also put a Roush spoiler on it since it was ordered without one. I've been back to Brondes and bought a Fusion after a 7 year absence. Wayne in new cars took care of me and they have my business again.

If you have access to QLS run a vin report, it will at least show if the unit has been built and whether it has gone through the release gate. It will also show you if there are any quality holds on the unit preventing it from being shipped.