2006 Mountaineer 4.6L gas fill up problem

Very frustrating problem: The very first fill up after a recent 60,000 mile dealer service took forever, the gas station pump kept cutting out as if the tank was filling. I went to another gas station 3 days later & had the same problem (15 minutes to fill up!) I could hear air coming out of the fill hole when pumping. The dealer cannot elaborate on the problem, suggesting bringing the Mountaineer back in to drop the gas tank and probably replace the cannister, but they cannot confirm the problem with out dropping the gas tank. They insist (I am not disputing this) that the major 60,000 mile service that they did had nothing to do with this problem and that it's completely an isolated issue. The "check engine" light has never come on, the 4.6L/3V engine runs perfectly through out. Anyone with advise out there? Thankl you in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know the specifics of this vehicles, but on another car I owned, the problem was a bad solenoid that is designed to open and allow the intake manifold to draw the vapors out of the canister. If the purge valve remains shut, it will keep vapors trapped in the canister and produce the problems you are experiencing.

Edited by FLLMTR