Online Order Tracking and Status

Eliminatorxr7

yes here it is

vin# 1FTFX1ET4BFB74667

The VIN appears to indicate it was built at Dearborn Trk Plant...here in Kansas City there are many, many F150's setting in the parking lots of an empty shopping mall possibly from a part(s) shortage....could be something related to the Japanese earthquake. Maybe your truck is delayed for a similar issue, maybe the same one..sorry for the long wait but thanks for buying a Ford.

The VIN appears to indicate it was built at Dearborn Trk Plant...here in Kansas City there are many, many F150's setting in the parking lots of an empty shopping mall possibly from a part(s) shortage....could be something related to the Japanese earthquake. Maybe your truck is delayed for a similar issue, maybe the same one..sorry for the long wait but thanks for buying a Ford.

winterfrost

Relax, it's on the way.

In Transit Shipped Rail - Railcar # NS 171193 (Norfolk Southern Corp )

Waiting is hard... i know... i am waiting for mine too.

Was ordered April 18....

8 weeks is not so bad.

Edited by Pete

winterfrost

Relax, it's on the way.

In Transit Shipped Rail - Railcar # NS 171193 (Norfolk Southern Corp )

Waiting is hard... i know... i am waiting for mine too.

Was ordered April 18....

8 weeks is not so bad.

pete i dont know how u now this but thank you its going to new lebanon ny kept me posted and thanks a million :happy feet:

pete i dont know how u now this but thank you its going to new lebanon ny kept me posted and thanks a million :happy feet:

In Transit Arrived at Intermediate Point (Norfolk Southern Corp ) Bufbison, NY Jun-15-2011, 02:57 ETA Jun-30-2011

You can track a $5 UPS package up to the minute, but if you call ford to ask where your $30,000 vehicle is they tell you they do not know, they will get back to you in 1 week. LOL

Or you can order a pizza from dominos.com and "track" it (see when it gets put in the oven, leaves the store for delivery). I came into this section of the forum to start a thread just like this. Can't say I'm surpised that one was already here. FCS has been really good with updating me via twitter and through various Mustang forums (very impressed with the social networking segment of FCS btw), but I like instant gratification. Every single accessory I've ordered for my Mustang I was able to track via UPS or FedEx, but the $30K+ car itself, nope. Being able to punch in my VIN # and figure out where my car is and what the current ETA is would have made this whole lengthy process a little bit easier to handle.

Or you can order a pizza from dominos.com and "track" it (see when it gets put in the oven, leaves the store for delivery). I came into this section of the forum to start a thread just like this. Can't say I'm surpised that one was already here. FCS has been really good with updating me via twitter and through various Mustang forums (very impressed with the social networking segment of FCS btw), but I like instant gratification. Every single accessory I've ordered for my Mustang I was able to track via UPS or FedEx, but the $30K+ car itself, nope. Being able to punch in my VIN # and figure out where my car is and what the current ETA is would have made this whole lengthy process a little bit easier to handle.

[/quote

Yes! it would be nice but we were the ones that want to order a vehicle and not take one off the lot, Im one that wants to know every move it ismakeing too,but in some cases its mit not be possibly to do that and I have put my self threw this more then once and i would like to give a big thanks to all that gave me an up date in the last two months :shades:

thanks pete!

Buy ford buy american!

In Transit Arrived at Intermediate Point (Norfolk Southern Corp ) Bufbison, NY Jun-15-2011, 02:57 ETA Jun-30-2011
<BR><BR><BR>In Transit Passing (Norfolk Southern Corp ) Welscanne, NY Jun-16-2011, 07:05 ET Jun-30-2011<BR>In Transit Arrived at Junction Point (Norfolk Southern Corp ) Bingcprs, NY Jun-16-2011, 08:22 ET Jun-30-2011<BR><BR>I beleve your truck should be at your dealer on July 2 Edited by Pete

<BR><BR><BR>In Transit Passing (Norfolk Southern Corp ) Welscanne, NY Jun-16-2011, 07:05 ET Jun-30-2011<BR>In Transit Arrived at Junction Point (Norfolk Southern Corp ) Bingcprs, NY Jun-16-2011, 08:22 ET Jun-30-2011<BR><BR>I beleve your truck should be at your dealer on July 2

hi pete thanks its going to marchese ford new lebanon new york after it gets off the train is it lefted in a holding yard for transport to the dealer? or how close does it get from dealer? sorry i have so many question thanks a million

"buy ford buy american"

<BR>hi pete thanks its going to marchese ford new lebanon new york after it gets off the train is it lefted in a holding yard for transport to the dealer? or how close does it get from dealer? sorry i have so many question thanks a million<BR>"buy ford buy american"<BR>
<BR>I dont have details yet as to what happens after it's off the rail car. I suspect they are put in a yard to be shipped by convoy whenever they have a truck full that goes in the area, your dealer is in. Dont look for it till at least July2<BR>Anything with rail transport is slow as molasses.<BR>I had a MKX build in Oakville. It was build June 6 and is still sitting at the yard to be shipped.<BR>Took 18 hours to build and takes all this time to be put on a truck. I live 90 minutes from the Oakville plant, but the problem is, that they dont have a full load for my area. Which is causing the holdup.<BR>It'll get here...so is yours. Edited by Pete

Would really like to be able to go to a site and retrieve info. Would be alot easier than calling dealer. The info seems to be there. Just need to make it available to customer.

Agreed... it would not take all that much.

They could easily provide you with login info at the time of the order being placed with ford.Ford could rigg it, so only the current status shows and everything else being disabled or not even showing, to keep you folks from digging around.

Depending on which ford site they have you log into, some reveal more then others.

User id would be good till vehicle shows as having arrived at dealer.

On the other hand, maybe ford just as soon NOT let anybody in the system for security reasons.

What makes the most sense to me is for Ford to send you a automated email every time the order/build/ shipping status changes. No security risk and everybody is informed and happy.

Edited by Pete

pete i was told it arrived at serving yard 8.pm do u no if this is ture

entirely possible...system is not updated that quickly, it seems.

Just checked and system still shows Bingcprs, NY.

I'll check later today for ya again

When i left work yesterday , my mkx showed at still being in oakville yard.

i checked my dealer lot ( i drive by it on the way home anyhow), and there it was.

Owner said it had arrived at 12.30.

When i got home , i checked and it then showed as delivered.

guess there is a 3 hour, or so, window.

Edited by Pete

When i left work yesterday at 3pm, my mkx showed at still being in oakville yard.

at 4pm i checked my dealer lot ( i drive by it on the way home anyhow), and there it was.

When i got home at 4.30, i checked and it then showed as delivered.

guess there is a 4 hour, or so, window.

when are u getting it? i want to see a picture of it? I all most bought one but i got the edge instead the only thing with the edge i get alot of gas in gas cans and it is hard for me to lift them in (i hurt my right hand a few years ago) and have to lift with the left now so getting back into a truck theres no lifting in and out talk to u later have a great day and thanks again pete for all u have done! :cheerleader:

where are you stealing the gas from?:finger: errrr... i ment, why are you getting gas in cans?

MKX is going to Ziebart beginning of the week. Will get it thursday or so.

nice car!!!!!!!!!! love the color too

my husbun plows snow in the winter and stuff like that he is a roofer by trade and i pick the gas up for him to have on hand just in case have a nice week end enjoy

When i left work yesterday , my mkx showed at still being in oakville yard.

i checked my dealer lot ( i drive by it on the way home anyhow), and there it was.

When i got home , i checked and it then showed as delivered.

guess there is a 3 hour, or so, window.

any new news on my truck!

Here is one for Ford, how about an online order tracking system accessible by the customer. I have heard that GM and Chrysler both have a system for tracking, while Ford is lagging behind. I have to rely on my dealer to give me updates, and even then they are behind (my Mustangs status in Dealer Connection Vehicle Visibility hasn't been updated since 8/5 according to the dealer). No one is able to tell me where my car is, why is has been delayed or any info what-so-ever. Needless to say, I am getting very disappointed. My online window sticker says that the car was made on 08/06/09, another Mustang with the same build date is sitting on the dealer lot, mine is sold as soon as it gets here, but the one that is going to sit around for who knows how long shipped from the factory and is sitting there on the lot.

Has there been a hold in Flat Rock on Kona Blue Mustangs? I don't know.

this is one argument i've had since the start of my ordering process through Ford. i placed my order on 4/30 and my mustang was built 5/30 and here it is 6/21 and still no car even though my ETA has been changed 3 times so far and the last one, the 13th, has been well passed by. it would be so much easier to have an internet tracking system for each person to individually track the orders rather than having to call customer service and tie them up with this kind of task. providing detailed information to the customers is not putting the Ford employees safety at risk, as I was told the other day by FCS. i mean, come on, really? for the amount of money I am spending to buy this kind of car, I'd expect a better process. my $0.02 anyway.