Fuel Gaguge Question

I have had my 2010 Explorer for 9 weeks and have just over 2300 miles on it. This morning, I had to put fuel in it and I got 14.77 miles to the gallon. I filled it up and put over 17 gallons into the tank. I start the truck up and noticed the fuel gauge went to 3/4 of a tank. I turned the truck off and then back on and it did it again. I knew that I filled it up, as I was at the pump. So I decided to drive the truck normally and as I drove it the fuel gauge slowly went to the Full mark and the miles to empty went up as well. It never really went above the Full mark like it has in the past.

So I'm wondering if anyone has seen a problem like this or is this just a one time anomaly? I will also check the gauge on the way home from work and see if the warmth of the day will "fix" the problem.

Thanks for any response.

I have a 2006 V8 Explorer and have never seen anything like this. I hope you figure it out. Let us know what you find.

It looked fine in the afternoon and this morning, but I will wait till the next fuel up. I didn't have any issues with my 2002, but the 1994 I had did have an issue with the fuel gauge to the point that it has failed twice.

So it will be interesting to see what happens and I will let you know.

• 4 weeks later...
It looked fine in the afternoon and this morning, but I will wait till the next fuel up. I didn't have any issues with my 2002, but the 1994 I had did have an issue with the fuel gauge to the point that it has failed twice.

So it will be interesting to see what happens and I will let you know.

Just to bring you up to date, I have filled my truck for the last 4 weeks and everything has been fine. It must have been an something that just happened.