New Mustang: Vin# Supplied info request

First I want to say thank you to all You hard working Ford folks out there.. This will be my first Mustang and I think my first Ford. To let you know a little about my buying experience. I have shopped around a lot in the last few months, figuring out what I wanted to buy. I drive a Toyota Tacoma now. I decided I wanted to move up to something a little more sporty..

I looked at several Japanese brands thinking I would like a rice burner.. Then started seeing all the new retro muscle cars made the last couple years.. Camero the Challenger etc.. That's when I decided to do the right thing and buy American. I've test drove each one and I have to tell you the Mustang not only got my attention but it reached out and grabbed me hard.. I think it's more because of my childhood imprint then anything else. You guys have done a great job on this car and the love shines through..

Thank you to each and every one of you and especially to those of you working on the line. It is appreciated... Do try and get my car as perfect as you can. So I can have many fond memories of the experience for many years to come......

And with out further ado..

Sent from my finance guy at the dealership: You'r Mustang GT has been scheduled! We have a vin# 1ZVBP8CH6A5165623.

I am totally clueless as far as the process from start to finish. So any information as to the process along with tracking info would be appreciated.. I'll keep checking back to this thread..

Respectably Yours,

Dreamer1

• 2 weeks later...
Sticker will be here eventually:

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.co...VBP8CH6A5165623

I think mine went up on a Sunday mid day, so I would check every Sunday afternoon (although I couldn't resist checking every day when I was waiting).

Yea about the same with me. I've checked it pretty much every day.. Have to just keep telling myself to be patient it will get here when it gets here.. Kind of like watching a pot of water boil.. The longer you stare at the pot, the longer it seems to take to come to a boil.. :banghead:

Thanks for the replies.. Good to know at least some one is reading these post and I may get better info when and if it comes available.. :happy feet:

Edited by Dreamer1

• 2 weeks later...

Yea baby, sticker is up! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Any one have any idea when my delivery ETA is??

Thanks for any replys.. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Edited by Dreamer1

Yea baby, sticker is up! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Any one have any idea when my delivery ETA is??

Thanks for any replys.. :happy feet: :happy feet:

According to your window sticker you're Mustang was built yesterday. Dealer tells me they allow

two weeks for shipping, so you should see it before Christmas .

Looks like a nice car by the window sticker.

According to your window sticker you're Mustang was built yesterday. Dealer tells me they allow

two weeks for shipping, so you should see it before Christmas .

Looks like a nice car by the window sticker.

Thanks Wolfman, Sorry took me so long to get back over here.. Were on the sticker does it give the build date?? Yea ETA from my dealers print out is 12/24.. Just in time for Christmas..

Thanks for the reply's.. Hows your Wifes car looking??

Dreamer1

My wife got her car Thursday and is in love with it. White GT with nav.

Your build date is near the upper left hand corner beside the blend #

it reads 120091208 = 2009 dec 08

My wife's delivery date was Dec 14 and we received the car on the 10th

Dealer received it on the 9th so hopefully yours comes early as well

My wife got her car Thursday and is in love with it. White GT with nav.

Your build date is near the upper left hand corner beside the blend #

it reads 120091208 = 2009 dec 08

My wife's delivery date was Dec 14 and we received the car on the 10th

Dealer received it on the 9th so hopefully yours comes early as well

Very cool.. Kind of hoping it just plugs along.. Got a line on another $750 off through a ford coupon.. Waiting for it to come in the mail if it comes in time... Here is crossing my fingers I get it in time...

Thanks for all the replies.. Sitting here thinking about the best day for a car to come off the line.. Mondays are not a good day. Think the 8th was a Tuesday.. Hmm they should have been in good shape by then.. :lol:

Tell your wife Congrats for me.. Ask her to come over to the Mustang Forums and post a picture.. Guys would love to see it..

See Ya!

Dreamer1

Very cool.. Kind of hoping it just plugs along.. Got a line on another $750 off through a ford coupon.. Waiting for it to come in the mail if it comes in time... Here is crossing my fingers I get it in time...

Hey, were did you find the $750 coupon? I'm looking into getting one soon..

Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men!

Well it looks like Santa Clause isn't coming to my house this year for Christmas after all.. Can some one please let me know were my car is?

ETA was said to be the 24th.. Day before Christmas. I was very pleased with this, as I have done everything possible to get this car at the best price I could.. Now I will loose out on the tax rebate for buying in 09, as well as possibly the incentives offered right now.. The psychology of the sale, was in my hands. As far as it being the end of the year and buying now.. Myself as a buyer, I had laid all my ducks in a row and planned this out very methodically for my purchase..

I really think I'm going to pass on this now and wait, till I find the best time for me to buy again.. I was so very looking forward to buying my first brand new car.. Now it looks like it wont happen...

Your very sad customer in waiting...

Dreamer1