Receiver hitch for bike rack

sbart

Does anyone have any advice regarding installing a receiver hitch on a 2010 Milan/Fusion Hybrid? I want to do this for a bike rack, not for towing. Is there any reason not to do it? I've heard comments about it affecting the warranty but I can't find anything in the manual about it. I'm hoping that's an urban legend. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any advice regarding installing a receiver hitch on a 2010 Milan/Fusion Hybrid? I want to do this for a bike rack, not for towing. Is there any reason not to do it? I've heard comments about it affecting the warranty but I can't find anything in the manual about it. I'm hoping that's an urban legend. Thanks.

When I bought my 09 SEL new I arranged for a hitch to be installed by the dealership. They didn't actually do the installation, it was farmed out to a local hitch installer. There were no threats of a voided warranty at all.

I use the hitch receiver only for carrying my road bikes around and this system has been great (took 2 bikes to Florida over Christmas. The riding was great!)

There are 2 or 3 good brands of receivers out there. Find a good hitch installer and go with what they recommend. I have a Hidden Hitch.

I hope this helps.