Ford C-Max Coming to North America in 2011

Blue Oval Guide

All-new Ford C-MAX range

2.gif

FordCMAXForum.com - The all-new Ford C-MAX and Grand C-MAX, which go on sale later this year, will provide two of Ford's star attractions at the Geneva Motor Show, bringing new levels of style and desirability to the compact Multi-Activity Vehicle (MAV) market.

Ford's C-segment MAV customers now have the choice of a new 5-seat C-MAX or distinctive new 7-seat Grand C-MAX, which features twin sliding doors and innovative seat design to provide outstanding space and flexibility.

The interior of the 5-seat C-MAX is revealed for the first time at Geneva.

The C-MAX features a coupe-like, sweeping roofline which falls off to the rear, without compromising the comfort and practicality of the vehicle. The 7-seat model features a higher roofline and thinner pillars which emphasize the generous room and visibility on offer within the cabin.

The all-new C-MAX cockpit will represent the next generation of Ford's human machine interface (HMI) system. Key elements of this technology are two five-way toggle switches on the steering wheel, which control two main vehicle displays: one in the instrument cluster and the second mounted in a high position in the centre console. This simple, intuitive control system enables the driver to operate the key vehicle features while keeping both hands on the wheel, and with a minimum of distraction.

Fuel-efficient, low- CO2 powertrains for the C-MAX range include the new 1.6-litre Ford EcoBoost petrol engine and updated 1.6- and 2.0-litre Duratorq TDCi diesel engines.

"The launch of the new C-MAX range is highly significant, and shows customers worldwide that they can expect some truly exciting designs as we roll out our new global range of medium cars," said John Fleming, Chairman and CEO of Ford of Europe. "The new C-MAX is just the start – with the next-generation Focus coming quickly after, we look forward to revealing more of the story in the very near future."

• 10 months later...

At one time in late 80's and 90's, Ford had lots of AWD options. I remember an 87 or 88 company car Tempo that had it. I have to say in may ways the car was a piece of crap, but even with the poor maint my company did on it, it ran forever and pushing the little AWD button seemed to make it go pretty good in the snow. I understand fuel economy, but I wish there were more AWD options at reasonable prices and still good mileage...Anyone else think there is such a market. I was hoping the C-MAX might have some option like that, but not seeing it...was going to wait, but figured I'd just order the Focus now....still miss my Bronco II and Explorer. The F-150 just doesn't have the same feel and don't think handles as well in snow, just better "clearance" due to height...by design, of course weight distribution is the issue, but I knew that, that's why I wish more AWD options in some more efficient/lower price cars. Of course there's always an Escape, but looking for something more universal. Can't fault a guy for wishing :)