anyone have a truck that was built in kcap that has shipped?

jredecop

My truck was built on 11.17.10 and has been sitting there over three weeks now and my dealership said that he had got an email and kcap started shipping a week ago, so that would mean i get my truck really soon since im not far from the plant...any news here if thats true on the shipping from kcap?

Your truck is probably was on a hold. The system fill for 2011 was 11/12 so your truck built 3 days into the new trucks so the first 2 weeks of production were put into a hold to make sure there are no problems. Now we are running them back through roll test and cal line to make sure they are perfect. We ve been working 12hrs on the weekends and after production during the week to get all these trucks shipped and to resolve issue before they are shipped.

What issues did you have?

This is all well documented and ford did not stand behind any of it as warranty was up, both cam phasers replaced, both timing chain tensioners bleeding off, 7 of 8 plugs frozen in heads at 50K dealer broke all 7 had to be removed with special tool at $100 a pop. I may try a 5.0L but it won't be until about end of 2011 once bitten twice wary!! I wish u the best of luck though.

In 2004 ,I ordered a 2004 f 150 with a 5.4. I still got it. Had no issues with this motor. Don`t think Ford want to mess with these new powerplants, I think the f 150 must be their best selling vehicles ?

When 50% of the parts for the f-150 come from out of the USA ford doesn't have a smuch control as they should and issues will happen.

When 50% of the parts for the f-150 come from out of the USA ford doesn't have a smuch control as they should and issues will happen.

It doesn't matter if Ford gets the part from the US, Germany, Japan, Mexico or China. They have no more control over a US supplier than a foreign one. Ford should be testing a certain percentage of these parts in their Quality Control Lab before installing them. Ford doesn't have an inspector in each US plant that makes parts for them to inspect each one and stamp it "approved".So there is no difference. Remember, Ford picked these foreign suppliers, they didn't pick Ford

It doesn't matter if Ford gets the part from the US, Germany, Japan, Mexico or China. They have no more control over a US supplier than a foreign one. Ford should be testing a certain percentage of these parts in their Quality Control Lab before installing them. Ford doesn't have an inspector in each US plant that makes parts for them to inspect each one and stamp it "approved".So there is no difference. Remember, Ford picked these foreign suppliers, they didn't pick Ford

My point is if I have a choice of a PCM made in mex. or china or USA I am taking american made, when u get your new truck look at the window sticker and see the american content I am sure it will give u a warm and fuzzy feeling!!