AC not dripping water

ilmo

I have a 2011 truck and the AC does not drip water. Any of you seeing this same thing on your trucks?

I have checked the inside of the cab to make sure I don't have water there because of a plugged drain. I don't know what to think as all other Fords I've owned has always dripped. My wife's Flex drips like crazy.

I run it in both modes...normal AC and max AC and it does not make any difference. There is hardly any condensation on the tubes in the engine compartment after a long drive and the AC cools just fine.

• 3 weeks later...

My 2010 does drip water, but not as much as my other vehicles and previous f150' i had.

Ore- 2010 f150's i had would freeze me out in no time at all. Certainly cant say that about the 2010. I'd hate to take it to Florida!

2010 AC is wimpy at best and from what i been reading, I'm not the only 2010 f150 owner that isn't to happy with the AC performance. Had it in to get checked out, the first summer i had it. Ford said, nothing wrong with it.

Only takes half as much gas as f150's used to. I believe it's 1.6 or 1.8lb, compared to 3.5. lb.

I am thinking of trading it in next year and will check the AC performance when i test drive and it better be freezing me out or there will be no sale.

Edited by Pete

Mine did this as well, finally noticed the condensation water was dripping out several feet back under the passengers floor. The water was exiting the hvac case normally but because Ford engineers just left the opening only 3/4 inch from the firewall the water was running down the firewall to the floor pan then dropping into the top of the exhaust heat insulator saturating it before finally dripping to the ground in an area 2-feet long under the heat shield. Because the drain exited to close to the firewall and the opening was verticle some water would back into the passenger compartment making the carpet insulation damp around the opening.

Ford issued a TSB to install a 90 degree drain tube extension. It's just a rubber 90 deg hose you push on to the existing plastic case drain that extends through the firewall...but to get to it you have to remove the right front tire, the fender liner and the transmission dipstick tube. The a/c drain is right behind the right cylinder head and the area is very hard to reach. The rubber hose is not clamped on it is just secured by friction from the rubber which means you have to put a little brake caliper grease on the opening to stretch it over the case tube. It can be a bitch because of the limited room (and my big hands). After all these years of building cars with A/C seems like engineers would know how to design a drain tube.

Edited by F250