2013 Escape MFT Repair

ticobird

This is not a complaint post but rather a post to inform those who are interested in MFT problems.

OK, everything was working perfectly up until 1,140 miles when the MFT display did not light up upon starting the vehicle. Really, I was playing a Sirius station just fine when I shut the Escape off to go inside a store and when I started the Escape to leave I looked in wonder at the MFT because it didn't light up though the radio was still playing. A restart didn't do anything and I don't exactly recall all of my next actions but they involved powering off the radio, trying a voice command which the MFT obeyed and driving home just a little upset. Since I didn't do anything to cause it, I knew it was some sort of malfunction and would be covered under warranty. I took the vehicle in the next morning and they got to work on it right away. It took a week and a day but the dealership provided me with a rental (2012 Fusion V6) the whole time so I wasn't inconvenienced. Anyway, long story short, it has been repaired, the Escape was washed and I got a certificate for a free oil change. The MFT works like it did when it was new (of course), no rattles and nothing out of order with the interior after the repair. So again for those interested I scanned the repair invoice and attached it to this post. Spoiler Alert - The display is what malfunctioned and not the often blamed APIM. BTW, if anybody knows how I can make the image below appear larger please let me know. Still, if you click the image it should expand to a readable size. Enjoy!

post-48838-0-34523500-1351986440_thumb.jpg

Edited by ticobird