16'' Alloy Wheels on a 13 Escpae

M-88

I was reading in another topic that 16'' steel wheels will fit an Escape.

I have a few wheels laying around from my old Taurus. My parents are picking up their 2013 Escape on Tuesday and want to order snow tires for it immediately.

I have some old Taurus wheels. I know that the bolt patern is the same.

Anyone know if these will fit? If not ... I can probaly find some steel whels in a Junkyard to put on.

Thanks!

Or if anyone is around Syracuse, I'd like to swap one on just to check.

Bolt pattern is correct (5 x 108mm).

You need to check the offset (Escape is 49mm), it might be on the wheel.

The diameter of the center hole will also be different, if it's too small you're toast, if it's bigger, you will need to make sure the wheels are centered by the studs.

Then you need to make sure the brake calipers will not rub on the inside of the wheel, depending on their design.

Best way is definitely to try it on, or go 17'' or 18'' (I think the SHO came wit 17's or 18's, or Volvo)

Ben

Been there done that with the too-small-center-hole I tried to put a Crown Victoria wheel on my Jeep Cherokee. The center wasn't fitting so I ran on all 5 lugnuts with an impact gun ... took 3  of us with sledge hammers to get it off! Ugh.

From what I was reading from people who put 07-Taurus wheels on a 12+ Focus, the center bore is near perfect. The taurus wheels have a 42mm offset, I believe - so they should stick out farther.

I think we should be okay. There's about 3/4'' of space between the caliper and the 17'' escape wheel - so, if the Taurus wheels have similar dimensions we should be okay! If not, I will try a 16'' steel wheel from a Taurus.

My parents are looking at 16'' wheels for winter beucase the snow tires are about $40 a tire cheaper. I used to have a 2001 Taurus and had a few wheels laying around in the garage - it was cheaper to pick up a partial set of matching alloys from the junkyard.

Time will tell! They're picking it up tomorrow. I live 70 miles away and have the set of Taurus wheels.

Edited by M-88

The style I used was from a 2001. They cleared the caliper, but one of the spokes was very close to hitting one of the pins on the caliper. There was space, but you wouldn't have been able to fit a sheet of paper inbetween.

I'm willing to bet that the steel wheels would have worked or a set of wheels from a sable.