dashcam power wiring?

Dave_SF

I just installed a dash-cam in my 2018 Navigator. (a DDPai Mini Smart Dash Cam)

Does anyone have any advice about how to cleanly power it without awkwardly dragging a USB cable into the center console area?

When I was young, I vaguely remember wiring a radar detector into a main fuse box under the steering column of my Honda Accord.

This device is 5V USB powered, so it requires a 12V to 5V converter, like this Micro Hard Wire USB kit. I also found this Ginsco 12V to Dual USB Socket Power Outlet I could wire in. This has the advantage and disadvantage of providing USB plugs.

I could drop by an auto-installer, but my experience with these places is really hit or miss. Half of the installers are pros who care about their work, and half of them are just choppers who will hack and slash at your car to make things work.

Just run the line in the headliner over the the A pillar and down the side into the passenger side fuse box. I wired my radar that way and you can't see any wires. You will need the 12v to 5v adapter of course. Really easy to run them

• Like 1