04 F150 VIBRATION NEED HELP WITH LEMON LAW

barefootslim

Howdy folks,

I need a little help here with a lemon.

I purchased a new 2004 regular cab F150 in may of 2004.

It has been in the shop @ 11 times

Has had

A Dampener

Two drive shafts

And a complete new rear end down to the brake rotors installed

All this did nothing to stop the vibration.

I tried to get the original dealership to swap it out and let Me pick a new one.

Instead they tried to treat the swap as a trade in and offered Me ten thousand dollars less than I paid for it four months earlier.

Needless to say I said NO.

I did speak with the service manager about the truck after the repair atempts.

He said it was a serious issue with the new design and that Mine as well as several others was a lemon.

He told Me this as He was getting ready to greet another customer with the same issue on.... You guessed it... another vibrating F150

I took it to another dealership in another County.

The road forced the wheels, placed the sensor pack on it and drove it etc...

NOne of this did any good

The service manager there told Me yet again that it was a lemon as well and that it may be indicitive of the new F150.

I hired a lawyer in may or june of 2005 to get some thing done about the truck.

He was getting no where with it so I emailed My state senator with basicly the same information presented here.

In less than a week I start getting calls about the truck from Ford.

I am told to pick a dealership and take it out there. work out the numbers and turn it in when the check arrives.

NOw is where it starts getting strange.

I take the truck out to the dealership. Work out an agreement with the sales manager and am told I will be getting a check in a couple of days to a week.

A couple of weeks go by and I get a call from a Ford rep asking where My truck is and why is it not at the dealership.

I ask where is My check?

I was told that I would get the check when I turned in the truck.

Now it starts geting kind of weird.

Ford has payed off My loan at My Bank

A few weeks pass and I get a call from a Ford "Lawyer"

He ask what is going on with the lemon situation.

I tell Him about not getting My money.

He says He'll get back to Me.

Yet another series of phone calls occour

I am told that I will be getting less than My down payment and trade in back on the truck.

When I ask the "Lawyer" (?) how He arrived at this figure. He states that He has a work sheet in front of Him.

I break out My copy of the sales agreement which included the 5k down payment in cash, 42 hundred trade in on my 97 E150 van, payments, interest etc...

And the copy of the invoice for the LEER topper, mud flaps and floor mats.

I broke the invoice down line by line and asked Him again how He arrived at the 8 k refund.

He would not budge from His little work sheet line of reasoning.

This went on for a few days and I finally asked which ever "Lawyer" I was speaking to if it was leagle to talk to Me with out concent from My lawyer.

Funny thing happened here....

I quit getting calls from Ford representives.

They started talking to My Guy.

NOW HERE IS WHERE IT GETS CRAZY

My lawyer calls Me a month or three later and tells Me that Ford is going to have Me arrested and charged with felony grand theft Auto!

He has received a phone call from yet another "Lawyer" from Ford threatening Me with serious jail time if I don't turn in My truck.

They want to have Me arrested for stealing My own truck.

He gets on the phone and finds out that the "Lawyer" wasn't a "Lawyer" at all.

It was a collection agent poseing as a "LAwyer"

She threatened My Lawyer and threatened Me with jail time

(Never been arrested in over 46 years)

As it stands right now The LEMON is in the drive way.

I'm driving My brothers spare 82 F150

Ford has quit dealing with Us

And I'm out close to 23 grand

Any suggestions on how to get this over and done with?

To say this has caused Me many a sleepless night is an under statement!

I'm looking over My back and worrying if I will get thrown in Jail over a defective product that the Manufacture has agreed to buy back.

I've alway thought you don't give up a product untill You have the cash in your hand.

Comments ?

Questions?

GIve Me some feedback here folks

One hates to say this, but you need to get a new lawyer.

1) Ford's collection agency SERIOUSLY crossed a line by threatening to have you arrested for grand theft auto. That is SOOOOOOOOOOO illegal it's not even funny. Call your state attorney general and say that a) Ford's collection agency did not identify themselves as a collection agency, B) Ford's collection agency threatened unenforceable legal action in an attempt to collect a debt. Your state AG can pursue a civil action against this collection agency, and you can pursue a civil action as well. Just find a lawyer that knows his way around the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

Your lawyer should be well aware, and should inform you, that Ford's collection agency has no grounds to press criminal charges against either you or him. Hence my suggestion that you look for a new lawyer.

2) Your "lemon" issue is now no longer a "lemon" issue at Ford. They have (for some reason) written your debt off as uncollectable, and turned you over to a collection agency. You need to get this problem back on track with Ford Motor. Here is what you do.

Block off an afternoon or so (trust me, it will take this long.) Go down to the dealer you worked out the purchase of the new F150 with (and hope that they are honest and ethical).

Be as polite as you can (and it seems that you are not one to quickly lose your temper), and tell the sales manager, that you want him to get ahold of someone in Ford's sales organization (which is in a state of higgledly piggeldy right now), who can get ahold of someone at Ford Motor Credit, and Ford legal, and get this squared away.

Things are such a mess now, that it is my belief that no one below a regional VP level will be able to fix this. You need to find someone who can get the ear of someone that routinely meets with the head of the Ford sales organization (currently Darrel Hazel).

This is not impossible. But it will take time, and patience, and the kind of dealership that you should refer business to for years.

Hello,

Thanks for the info.

I preffer to not get angry but to enjoy the irony of the situation.

It really is, if you think about it, kind of an old Marx Brothers or Three Stooges Movie.

I really have to wonder who is in charge the paitents or the shrinks!

I've been thinking about this quite a bit lately.

Sleepless nights like this one.

Seven months is way to long to deal with this kind of run a round.

It seems that I've been the one doing all of the work here.

Contacting The senator who authored the Lemon law here.

Trying to get the Ford "Lawyers" ( I do wonder about that) to straighten this mess out.

All My guy has done is answer a few phone calls from Me and talk to a couple of guys at Ford.

It seems like I'm walking in water here.

I think I will contact the state A G tomorrow and see what shakes out of this.

The dealership I've been dealing with is one a good friend of mine purchased two new Ford trucks from.

They seem to be very straight shooters and he was quite pleased with the deals he got from them.

The sales manager I was working with has been nothing but proffesional from day one.

My family has been serious Ford fans for over 40 years.

My Father purchased a new crown vic or LTD every 4 - 5 years.

My brother is an Aircraft Mechanic for FEDX and He lives and breaths Fords.

One of My sisters Has been A Ford Fan for 20 plus years

I personally have had

6 1972 gran torinos

8 1971 pick ups

And a whole slew of various ford products

Yes We are brand loyal

Well I was up till now.

To threaten Me with arrest is just flat A*S wrong.

They are in effect calling Me a thief.

Peole who know Me know that I am an honest Man and some one who goes out of His way to be truthful.

This has gone against every thing I have ever believed in.

Yup I'm P****D

Any way thank You for Your time and kind comments

I'll be doing some phone calls tomorrow

God Bless!

Your state AG should be able to get this sorted out.

BTW, Ford needs to know how many people they have working for them (or under contract) that think it's okay to threaten arrest for collection of a debt, or to pretend to be a lawyer.

Hopefully your State AG will get Ford to take responsibility for that and fire the morons in the chain of command that think violating the FDCPA on a daily basis is "sound" business practice. On the whole, Ford is a pretty solid company, but it's not without its bad eggs.

I really don't understand why this is a problem. My 2005 with the V6 has no vibration; never has had. I put a custom hitch receiver on it and had to relocate the damper but it still has no vibration. I'm surprised that the engineers haven't figured this one out. Seems they could put it into a similator to isolate and remedy the problem. All of this other stuff done seems to be strictly amateur guess and replace nonsense.

Howdy folks,

:angry: Well here is the update on the "Blue Lemon"

I contacted My Lawyer last week after I posted (and got a great responce) here.

I told Him I was going to contact the state AG and let them know whats going on with Ford threatening to have Me arrested for stealing My own truck.

I also asked why He had not reported the threat to the state AG"s office. No real responce there.

:angry: I told Him to inform Ford of My intent to file a complaint and would do so today (1-30-6) If I did not have an offer

Here is what happened today.

My lawyer called and informed Me that Ford had agreed to pay Me most of my Money back this Friday (2-3-6). :D

At first He wanted Me to drive @ 300 miles and turn it in at the dealer I purchased it from. That would meen that I would have to rent a car to get back. If Ford would provide one I would be glad to do so.

I asked if We could do it by phone and fax from here in Memphis.

Apparently We will be able to do so.

We'll see :unsure:

As for the ammount of Money owed It's way better than what the first offer was ( 1 k less than My down stroke and trade in) The mileage charge was dropped down from 32 cpm to 18 cpm. I would have been much happier if it was a penny a mile, remember I was threatened with jail time for stealing My own danged truck! :o :angry:

At any rate We shall see what We shall see.

NOw I have to go out and find another truck!

Will it be a Ford? :angry:

No probably not!

My family has been "Brand Loyal" since the early sixties.

My Father (30 years UAW) would buy a new LTD or Crown Vic every 4 - 5 years.

My Brother the Aircraft Mechanic has three now and has driven nothing else since the late sixties.

One of My Sisters has has several of the "E" SUV's and is driving one now.

Me?

I've been driving them since I got out of My AMC Pacer back in 1980.

I have a 72 Ranchero GT that is about to go byby (one too many rides)

Plus Literally Dozens of Ford Cars & Trucks over the past 25 years

I hate to say it but a Dodge or ... dare I say it a Chevy or GMC :o

is probably in My future

Why?

Check out what I've been bit*hing about here!

Lies, deciet and stonewalling from Ford

How would you feel about what I've been through? <_<

I'll leave a post here Friday night and let Y'all know whats what.

Say a prayer for Ford and they're employees.

I know I have been

You could just as likely end up with a lemon with any brand and another Ford could be the exact opposite of what you've got now. My family has always seemed to lean toward Ford and I have too. Some have been a bit more problematic than others and some have been gems but you never really know.

That said, if you are determined to get something else...I can tell you that I have absolutely loved my 5.7 Ram that I bought new in August 2003. No complaints at all, but then again there are guys that state their satisfaction with their Fords. To my knowledge, however, there have been very few problems with 2002+ Rams. Shop around and test drive...buy what feels right. I've been a Ford loyalist for years, but I fell in love with the Hemi Ram the first time I drove one and it has so far served me as well as I could have expected.

Edited by Traveler

We have been getting the same thing from FMC as they have been harassing my daughter who they say defaulted on a car loan. They only problem was she was 15 when loan was taken out. The person that defaulted on the loan happened to have the same name. We get collection agents saying they are lawyers and bad things are going to happen if we don't pay. Since when can a 15 year old 10th grader with no job take out a car loan? The SSN's don't match, the middle name doesn't match and the address doesn't match. That doesn't seem to matter. What is FMC doing?

:D Well miracles do Happen!!!!

After contacting My Lawyer and informing Him of My intent to file a complaint with the Attorney Generals office here in Tennessee I accepted the offer from Ford. :D

Is it what was owed to Me.....

NO!!! :(

It is several thousand dollars less than what is owed.

And Over $700.00 less than what the Lawyer told Me I would get!

Did I have to sign any paper work releasing Ford

No! ;)

(CHECK IN THE HAND VERSES ONE IN THE BUSH)

To here My Attorney tell it, One hand does not even know the other hand exist at Ford :(

(My interpetation of the facts given Me)

Litteraly no one knows what is going on up there!

I am a great fan of Irony and events but this is a sorry site to be sure.

No wonder they will file bankruptsy soon!

Did I file a complaint with the AG?

You Bet I did!

Just finished an Email to them and will follow through with the complaint when prompted by them!

I have to ask You.

If the company's Reps are threatening some one with jail time.

And by doing so is a blatent illegal act

What would you think would be the next right indicated thing in this situation?

Blow it off and let them do it to some one else?

Your Mother, Father, Sister, Brother or Your Self?

This is America and We do not have to let them get away with it! :angry:

Sorry forgot to let y'all that at the last moment (litterally) as I was walking in the door to get My suit case etc... for the 5 hour drive ( 3 to nashville from Memphis and another 2 to Tullahoma) In one heck of a rain storm mind You.

He lets Me know that I can handle it from Here!

Again, no one knows what the Hell Is going on at FOMOCO in Detroit!!!!

I wonder what would have happened if I got up there and found out I had made the trip for nothing

Ten Hours and @ 600 miles for nothing JEEZ.

Not to count the time off of work!!!!

Just another one of those things that make you go >>>>>

HHHHMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!

NO WONDER THEY"RE MESSED UP!!!!!!

Again I would like every one for they're support.

A whole bunch of folks have looked at this complaint.

For those of you that posted the responce that I think was the catalist for the settlement .

Thank You and God Bless You and Yours!

I owe You a big one!