Sirius Radio question

LBC

I have an 07 EL and I have an issue with the radio and wanted to know if anyone else has seen the same problem. The following steps explain the issue.

- I am listening to Sirius radio and the kids have a DVD playing listening on the head phones

- Turn off engine and open door so radio goes off

- Start engine and the radio shows that it is on Sirius, but there is no volume

- I can change channels and volume but hear nothing

- I then must select AM, FM or CD to get volume

- I then can switch to Sirius and it works

I havent noticed it doing that, I always listen to Sirius so I would remember it happening. Now I do remember have a problem where the picture on the DVD wouldnt show up but you could hear the sound but I found out we were doing something wrong.

I have an 07 EL and I have an issue with the radio and wanted to know if anyone else has seen the same problem. The following steps explain the issue.

- I am listening to Sirius radio and the kids have a DVD playing listening on the head phones

- Turn off engine and open door so radio goes off

- Start engine and the radio shows that it is on Sirius, but there is no volume

- I can change channels and volume but hear nothing

- I then must select AM, FM or CD to get volume

- I then can switch to Sirius and it works

Something similar happened to me one time where the kids were switching the DVD on and I had a different source playing up front. All of a sudden I lost audio. Despite doing as you described (switching to AM, FM or CD - even turning the unit off) I couldn't get any sound. I had to cycle the key off and then back on to get the system to "reboot". After that everything was normal, so I attributed it to a software glitch.

What you described is not normal - take it in under warranty and see if they'll replace the head unit.

Good luck,

Dave

When I had it in for another issue I asked the service tech about it and he was not sure. I was able to reproduce the problem for them but they had no idea. I guess I should take it back and see what they can do.

Thanks for the responses.