Why are option prices different?

I have two xplan stickers for two different vehicles in front of me. They appear to be the same car, but one is $113 less in price. When you look at the options, they are the same (except the more expensive one says job#2), but the options are different prices. For example:

Ex 1 (more expensive):

Roof rail cross bars: $115

Reverse Sensing: $295

Powerfold third row seat: $1370

Ex 2 (less expensive):

Roof rail cross bars: $95

Reverse Sensing: $255

Powerfold third row seat: $1340

Can anyone explain this? I'd hate to just throw away the $100. Also, The second (cheaper) one shows all weather floor mats, where the first one doesn't. Are these the normal floor mats? (carpet on top, rubber on bottom)?

Thanks.

I have two xplan stickers for two different vehicles in front of me. They appear to be the same car, but one is $113 less in price. When you look at the options, they are the same (except the more expensive one says job#2), but the options are different prices. For example:

Ex 1 (more expensive):

Roof rail cross bars: $115

Reverse Sensing: $295

Powerfold third row seat: $1370

Ex 2 (less expensive):

Roof rail cross bars: $95

Reverse Sensing: $255

Powerfold third row seat: $1340

Can anyone explain this? I'd hate to just throw away the $100. Also, The second (cheaper) one shows all weather floor mats, where the first one doesn't. Are these the normal floor mats? (carpet on top, rubber on bottom)?

Thanks.

I'm no expert, but I'd say maybe there was a price increase. This seems to be the case on the Ford build and search site, too. As far as I know, the all weather mats are a cut above the standard ones.

I'm no expert, but I'd say maybe there was a price increase. This seems to be the case on the Ford build and search site, too. As far as I know, the all weather mats are a cut above the standard ones.

Makes sense.

Thanks!

Job 1 and Job 2 vehicles tend to have equipment differences that justify price fluctuations, but if it's the same equipment, that's a little confusing.

Tell the salesman to give you a discount equal to the difference in price increase. If he really wants to make the sale, it's shouldn't be a problem.

I'm currently looking at two Explorer Limiteds, each sticker shows Job 2. At any rate, the chrome clad aluminum wheels (now standard on the Limited) are on each sticker. So the question is, does Ford credit the dealer when it makes an option standard? I guess I'm confused by the whole thing because each sticker shows a charge of $450.00 for the chromes, but one shows a $120.00 credit.