Vin number question

mcanton40

Only took a couple of days when I ordered mine.

Yeah, but that's because I saw the paperwork for your truck when it was going down the line, and noticed "audio that mudduck" and "this duckplucker just got down" written it..so I made it priority!

RF392 around these lakes said that, and I'm back on the quiet side..hahaha, I miss saying that.

I done gone 10-7!

Yeah, but that's because I saw the paperwork for your truck when it was going down the line, and noticed "audio that mudduck" and "this duckplucker just got down" written it..so I made it priority!

RF392 around these lakes said that, and I'm back on the quiet side..hahaha, I miss saying that.

I done gone 10-7!

Whoa --- Now we're getting personal. <grin>

Right on... C'mon 392, Pump it up and drop the maul!

It took 11 days from when I got my VIN till the dealer called me and said "We've got something here for ya" ..

They called on a Friday afternoon after I worked a 4AM till 12PM shift to do some early morning maintenance. (I usually work normal hours) so I was all discombobulated (is that a word?) when I went and picked it up. <grin>

mcanton40 - To answer your question, i placed an order for my on march 21st and go my VIN on April 6th! So, about 2 weeks for me. Im sure things have slowed down now at the plant since we are approaching a new model year, so, I venture to say it should be about the same for you. I was also told that it about two weeks from start on the assembly line to at the dealership. My dealer told me it was already being fabricated when he called me with the VIN.

'07 Expedition Limited Dark Copper

Black/Caramel interior

Convenience package

Heavy Towing Package

20" Rims

Edited by SquadCompany13

Whoa --- Now we're getting personal. <grin>

Right on... C'mon 392, Pump it up and drop the maul!

It took 11 days from when I got my VIN till the dealer called me and said "We've got something here for ya" ..

They called on a Friday afternoon after I worked a 4AM till 12PM shift to do some early morning maintenance. (I usually work normal hours) so I was all discombobulated (is that a word?) when I went and picked it up. <grin>

I do think discombobulated IS a word...funny, that is the first time I've seen or heard anyone say it since I was a kid and my mom said it.

Anyway, I mean to get my mudduck mobile back on the air..kinda got rid of everything I had when the local scene here went dead. Thinking about that Galaxy 95T2..nice punch for a stand alone radio, and SSB. I never had a Super Bowl setup like you do..most I ever ran was about 500w out of the house, and that 400HD I had would do around 800 or so..never knew how much since all I used were cheap dosy PEP meters. But, usually I ran alot less than that. I've been reading about the sun spot cycle, how that affects skip, and we're just about the bottom now, so DX conditions should be getting better..and that's what I like about CB, shooting the skip, getting my name called.

Oh, yeah..I work at the plant that built your truck, so I sure hope you like it. Thanks so much for buying it!

mcanton40 - To answer your question, i placed an order for my on march 21st and go my VIN on April 6th! So, about 2 weeks for me. Im sure things have slowed down now at the plant since we are approaching a new model year, so, I venture to say it should be about the same for you. I was also told that it about two weeks from start on the assembly line to at the dealership. My dealer told me it was already being fabricated when he called me with the VIN.

'07 Expedition Limited Dark Copper

Black/Caramel interior

Convenience package

Heavy Towing Package

20" Rims

Thanks for your reply, My other choice I was thinking about was Dark Copper. I went with the black interior because I never got to see the Black/Caramel interior on a vehicle. Have a great day

I do think discombobulated IS a word...funny, that is the first time I've seen or heard anyone say it since I was a kid and my mom said it.

Anyway, I mean to get my mudduck mobile back on the air..kinda got rid of everything I had when the local scene here went dead. Thinking about that Galaxy 95T2..nice punch for a stand alone radio, and SSB. I never had a Super Bowl setup like you do..most I ever ran was about 500w out of the house, and that 400HD I had would do around 800 or so..never knew how much since all I used were cheap dosy PEP meters. But, usually I ran alot less than that. I've been reading about the sun spot cycle, how that affects skip, and we're just about the bottom now, so DX conditions should be getting better..and that's what I like about CB, shooting the skip, getting my name called.

Oh, yeah..I work at the plant that built your truck, so I sure hope you like it. Thanks so much for buying it!

4 watts. 4 watts mudduck radio. :)

Hope to hear ya on the air soon. My buddy just bought 98VHP and is very happy with it. The DX has never gone away but it certainly has dropped in the last couple years. Should be picking up this summer!!

4 watts. 4 watts mudduck radio. :)

Hope to hear ya on the air soon. My buddy just bought 98VHP and is very happy with it. The DX has never gone away but it certainly has dropped in the last couple years. Should be picking up this summer!!

FCC approved, huh?

Anyway, DX land should be a regular destination soon...should be able to get more frequent flyer miles anyway. I remember back when I was a kid, late 80's/early 90's, when I had my dad put a Shakespeare Big Stick up on the TV tower, and I used his old Robyn T240D base radio. Skip was crazy...I'd listen to "Black Diamond" down in Texas just go on and on, slamming the needle in my radio. That was around the height of the sunspot cycle. I still have that yellow Robyn...used it with a sweet D&A Phantom tube amp..you DON'T want to know how much 12 fresh NOS tested 6LQ6's cost for that thing!! But, it sounded great..tube radio, tube amp, D104 lollipop, and one of those neat Ameco preamps with the big "ON-AIR" light. I usually kept it vintage for the base...had the Robyn, the Browning Mk III, a Tram D201A, and a couple Johnson rigs. Just something about sitting there in the dark, watching those tubes glow and listening to the hum, and getting that "Man, what kind of radio is that?" all the time.

Right now I have a 2 meter VHF antenna on my tower, but that's going to go..gonna keep the expensive low-loss coax though. Looking around for a good base antenna, better than the Imax 2000 I had before.