I'm buying a Hybrid Escape

Brent31

After 31 years at STAP I've decided to take the offered buyout.The Escape Hybrid seems to be the perfect vehicle for my wife. She drives 15 kilometers (10 miles) round trip to work through heavy rush hour traffic, which she will be doing for the next 5 years. Here in London the total Z plan price will be just over $36,000. This includes the 3 options: chrome appearance package,she needs to have the door handles match the body colour, Hybrid energy/navigation system, $2,700 but it looks nice,integrated side step bars, which brings me to my question...Do you guys only install the molded plastic side steps or is there a tubular metal side step? Also do you build a set number of Hybrids or can you change the mix to meet demand?

Escapes are very popular around here and with the roughly 800 leaving STAP a lot of them will be opting for the Escape, and with the price of gas $1.08 per litre,($4.30 a gallon) some, like me, for the Hybrid version.

Thanks

Edited by Brent31

After 31 years at STAP I've decided to take the offered buyout, $70,000 plus $30,000 towards a new Ford. The Escape Hybrid seems to be the perfect vehicle for my wife. She drives 15 kilometers (10 miles) round trip to work through heavy rush hour traffic, which she will be doing for the next 5 years. Here in London the total Z plan price will be just over $36,000. This includes the 3 options: chrome appearance package,she needs to have the door handles match the body colour, Hybrid energy/navigation system, $2,700 but it looks nice,integrated side step bars, which brings me to my question...Do you guys only install the molded plastic side steps or is there a tubular metal side step? Also do you build a set number of Hybrids or can you change the mix to meet demand?

Escapes are very popular around here and with the roughly 800 leaving STAP a lot of them will be opting for the Escape, and with the price of gas $1.08 per litre,($4.30 a gallon) some, like me, for the Hybrid version.

Thanks

I'm not sure about the new Escapes sidesteps. I'm buying one myself this summer so I'll try and find the answer. I'm certain that both styles are available in the states, but I think the tubular option is an aftermarket dealer add on here.

I have not heard anything about a set number of hybrids but that is a good question. They seem to be building just enough to meet demand in my area. They are not rare, but they don't sit on dealer lots either.