Now a good time to buy re: financing deals?

johnnymack

Is there any way to tell what kind of financing specials they may run on the Escapes this summer? I don't know much about the car buying market and what times of year the best specials are run.

Right now my local dealers are offering 3.9%/36 mo 4.9/48 and 5.9/60 financing specials. I'd love to see a 0% financing offer and I'd likely jump all over that.

There's not many Escapes on the local lots but one dealer has a fully loaded Black Pearl Slate FWD model (Nav, Prem, Chrome, Moon&Tune) that they will sell me for $28,750, which looks to be just slightly higher than the xplan price. I don't want to wait 2 months and then have to special order, but I'll do it if I think the financing will get better!!

Is there any way to tell what kind of financing specials they may run on the Escapes this summer? I don't know much about the car buying market and what times of year the best specials are run.

Right now my local dealers are offering 3.9%/36 mo 4.9/48 and 5.9/60 financing specials. I'd love to see a 0% financing offer and I'd likely jump all over that.

There's not many Escapes on the local lots but one dealer has a fully loaded Black Pearl Slate FWD model (Nav, Prem, Chrome, Moon&Tune) that they will sell me for $28,750, which looks to be just slightly higher than the xplan price. I don't want to wait 2 months and then have to special order, but I'll do it if I think the financing will get better!!

Good question, I wish I had the answer. My wife thought she saw an add for 0%, but I can't find anything out there. I know some of the competitors are starting to do it, but being selective about which models. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

BTW, is that a hybrid you are talking about? We are in the market for a hybrid as well.

Yeah that's the hybrid for that price. However, I don't know if that already includes the customer cash offers or not.

I'm going on a 3-week trip in about a month though so really I think it'd be stupid to buy a car now, but I want one! haha.

I'd also like to see better financing offers, but decided I didn't want to wait any longer. It was also apparent to me that Ford wasn't going to ship one the way I wanted (many options, NO leather) so I placed an order a week ago. Hopefully they will raise the rebates by the time it gets here, but x-plan + the rebates as they are now at least help. The dealership here is doing $3500 off sticker on the ones they have in stock, which is about 20... some loaded and at least one in every color with just the basics. YES, lets all hope for the best soon.