Ford 2007 Navigation Unity - No GPS Signal Icon

The last couple of times when I leave for owrk the No GPS Signal Icon was lit and the car couldn't tell where it was going.

The first time it lasted about five minutes and the second time (today) it lasted ten minutes before it goes off and starts tracking again.

I also noticed when I turn the map on and agree with the software agreement the GPS icon appears for about 7 seconds before shutting off.

Does anyone elses do that, I can't recall seeing that happen at every start-up but then again maybe I'm looking more at it then I used to.

Could someone with the 2007 GPS take a look at theirs and let me know?

I thought it might be trees since I didn't own the car till last October when the leaves were falling.

Thanks-in advance--Bob

Well I did some poking around and found on the 2007 navigation unit if you hold the channel preset buttons 3 and 6 down at the same time it will go into diagnostic mode.

If you hold it too long it will go all the way to the speaker test. If that happens just hit return.

If you go to the GPS button (lower left) it tells you what's happening and how many satellites you're getting.

In a good area I had 8 satellites. When there are lots of trees the number shrinks.

Bob