Orange Frost Sport Trac

post-28215-1182963138_thumb.jpgpost-28215-1182963127_thumb.jpg[atta

hment=4292:Shiny_Metallic.jpg]

Hello All,

I ordered an 08 Sport Trac a couple of weeks ago. From the Ford website and the ST brochure I chose Orange Frost. It looked as a shinny metallic, dark copper color. Similiar to the Blazing Copper of the new Ford Edge.

But I just recently looked at some online photos of the ST from some current owners and the truck looks very, very orange. Kind of a dull and plain color. Not metallic at all. Nowhere near the color from the website or the brochure.

I really love the looks of the new ST. And I love the Orange Frost from Ford.com and the brochure. Can anyone tell me if Orange Frost resembles the color from the website or is it just a plain orange color?

Thanks,

Orange08ST

post-28215-1182963113_thumb.jpg

Be prepared to wait three months for your vehicle. It can be nerve-racking, but that's how long you can expect. Any sooner and I'd be shocked.

I can't ever suggest buying a vehicle with such a trendy color paint without having seen it in person. It's a medium orange--definitely not grabber, but more like the SVT Focus Euro package they had a few years ago.

Edited by Meelaan

Be prepared to wait three months for your vehicle. It can be nerve-racking, but that's how long you can expect. Any sooner and I'd be shocked.

I can't ever suggest buying a vehicle with such a trendy color paint without having seen it in person. It's a medium orange--definitely not grabber, but more like the SVT Focus Euro package they had a few years ago.

Hi Meelaan,

The dealership told me it would be at least September before it was ready. So I am prepared for the wait. I saw an orange 05 or 06 sport trac in a parking lot one day. It wasn't at a dealership so I couldn't look at the window sticker and get the color. But I loved it. I searched every dealership in and around AR but no one had an orange frost. So I ordered one. But as I have been looking at pictures on the web, I have found some but the pictures make the truck look like a very plain orange. Not like the one I saw in person. That's got me very concerned about my order.

• 2 weeks later...

it could be cool or just really bright... but does appear to be a unique-ish color for an EXP for sure!

OH BTW no one had seen my color either until mine came in and glad we did it, really pops in the sun when clean, thou had we known we'd move to Phoenix, we may have gone with a lighter color.

Edited by tofer

• 1 month later...

We just bought an 07' in the Dark Stone. We looked all over and the Orange Frost we saw on the dealer lot looked like a non-metallic orange. Do you still have the brochure? If it comes in and you don't care for it, I would bring it up to the dealer and either order one in a color that you can see before hand. I have seen the Ford Edge color you are talking about and if they offered it on the Explorer, I would have wanted that. good luck.

Troy

post-28215-1182963138_thumb.jpgpost-28215-1182963127_thumb.jpg[atta

hment=4292:Shiny_Metallic.jpg]

Hello All,

I ordered an 08 Sport Trac a couple of weeks ago. From the Ford website and the ST brochure I chose Orange Frost. It looked as a shinny metallic, dark copper color. Similiar to the Blazing Copper of the new Ford Edge.

But I just recently looked at some online photos of the ST from some current owners and the truck looks very, very orange. Kind of a dull and plain color. Not metallic at all. Nowhere near the color from the website or the brochure.

I really love the looks of the new ST. And I love the Orange Frost from Ford.com and the brochure. Can anyone tell me if Orange Frost resembles the color from the website or is it just a plain orange color?

Thanks,

Orange08ST

We just bought an 07' in the Dark Stone. We looked all over and the Orange Frost we saw on the dealer lot looked like a non-metallic orange. Do you still have the brochure? If it comes in and you don't care for it, I would bring it up to the dealer and either order one in a color that you can see before hand. I have seen the Ford Edge color you are talking about and if they offered it on the Explorer, I would have wanted that. good luck.

Troy

You'll like it exspecially if you got the chrome clad 18' Wheels. If you got the aluminium 18's it will look super too but the chrome really stands out. I see them going down the line every night

Troy

Sweet. I did get the chrome package! I wonder is one of those is mine. I ordered on June 12th and I can't wait until it arrives. No one has been able to give me a date though. Very sad.