Volvo C30 missing out on sales?

TStag

According to Autocar Volvo is missing out on thousands of sales of cars in the UK because it has massively underestimated how much demand there would be in the UK. The problem is that Volvo hasn't put in place enough capacity/ resources to make enough RHD cars.

Now I'm not sure but I get the impression that the UK could have been potentially the biggest market (or second to Germany), which kind of begs an obvious question. Why did Ford invest in more capacity in Sweden to make the car when it could have just used the massive Halewood plant with the best quality and reliability record in the entire Ford empire..... :doh: And in turn that would have made PAG more profitable.

Well, do we know what was on the plate for the Halewood plant? Could it be they just couldn't get the C30 in there due to other lines going on? Also, we have to keep in mind that there's always a big spike in demand when something new like the C30 gets released. Perhaps particularly so in this case because it's the first really "sporty" Volvo in a long time, perhaps as far back as the old 1800. Maybe they were anticipating a high demand initially but are waiting to see what the sustained numbers are in the belief that Sweden can handle it.

It is a really cool ass car though, no?

According to Autocar Volvo is missing out on thousands of sales of cars in the UK because it has massively underestimated how much demand there would be in the UK. The problem is that Volvo hasn't put in place enough capacity/ resources to make enough RHD cars.

Now I'm not sure but I get the impression that the UK could have been potentially the biggest market (or second to Germany), which kind of begs an obvious question. Why did Ford invest in more capacity in Sweden to make the car when it could have just used the massive Halewood plant with the best quality and reliability record in the entire Ford empire..... :doh: And in turn that would have made PAG more profitable.

Why isn't there a Volvo/Mazda/Auto Alliance plant being built in the US, Canada, or Mexico for the C1 and EUCD cars? Why is the Volvo C30 available in the states with only the 2.5 turbo, which is not exactly a fuel miser. Why...?

Edited by Misteredog