common rail diesel powered small crossovers

156n3rd

The Kia Rondo and the Nissan Rogue are perfectly sized, utility vehicles that many people can live with. I have seen many a Rondo on the road here in the last several months because of it's price and warranty. If we had such vehicles with clean burning diesels that delievered high mpg ratings they would sell. I have crawled all over the Rondo at auto shows and love it's size and capabilities. It reminds me of what I currently drive, the PTCruiser. It has the same multiple uses and seating configurations. Tne Rogue has a CVT which is their hot technology with 170hp from it's 2.4 liter. Why isn't Ford producing such vehicles? I wish I knew the answer and wonder when they will notice what is going on around them. After going to Scotland on a recent trip, I saw so many small diesel powered small alternative vehicles on the roads. I know, many drivers don't feel safe in smaller vehicles, but the price of gas is never going to go down to where it was. It cannot be depended upon to be stabilized ever again. Until newer fuels are found, more efficient vehicles, which already exist, will have to be driven here.