02 Navi Interior Water Leak

thaoriginal

I have water entering the interior of my 02 Navigator from the pivot on the sun visor and sometimes from the grab handle on the driver's side. This seems to only happen when the car is in motion. Has anyone had any experience with this? Any help is appreciated

It is prob. coming from the windshield seal. Does your truck have a sunroof? You will need to pull the headliner back and check it out.

• 2 weeks later...
I have water entering the interior of my 02 Navigator from the pivot on the sun visor and sometimes from the grab handle on the driver's side. This seems to only happen when the car is in motion. Has anyone had any experience with this? Any help is appreciated

I have a 01 F-150 Lariat with a moonroof. I have water coming down from the head liner above the rear seat on the driver side. Apparently the moonroof is not designed to be water tight. Rather, there is a drain that channels the water down the pillar and out the bottom of the truck. My issue is that the drain in plugged and the "stealer" wants $450 to replace the pan and drain assembly behind the moonroof.

Have your mech check the moonroof drain assembly.

I have a 01 F-150 Lariat with a moonroof. I have water coming down from the head liner above the rear seat on the driver side. Apparently the moonroof is not designed to be water tight. Rather, there is a drain that channels the water down the pillar and out the bottom of the truck. My issue is that the drain in plugged and the "stealer" wants $450 to replace the pan and drain assembly behind the moonroof.

Have your mech check the moonroof drain assembly.

Wow. How about cleaning the drain tube with some compressed air? You can buy the service manual on Ebay for $20 or so and it shows in great detail all workings of the truck.