Toyota's recipe for success

Blue Oval Guide

I know absolutely nothing about the 6.0L issue beyond the few threads I have read in the "To Ford Management" area. Perhaps you all could tell those folks how well Ford has addressed the PSD problems. Don't argue with me. I plead ignorance on the subject.

As long as Ford keeps their eye on the ball and doesn't give people a reason to "shop around" they'll be fine. Pickup truck buyers are an extremely loyal bunch. My only fear about Toyota in the pickup market is they have an awful lot of money to throw at the full sized pickup market. Since both Ford and GM sell between 600 and 800 thousand units/year in this area, it may be worth their while. It may take them a "generation" or two, but they may very well get that market.

Ya know, if you think a bit outside the box for a moment, if things keep going the way they are, perhaps they may just buy a controlling share of GM and go that route. I mean, if they can "buy" 600,000 units/year" of a highly profitable product, why not?

Nah, crazy thought.. Just nuts. Never happen.

Exactly. You're only getting half the story.

RJ: Excluding the 6.0 psd which is going to kill ford, how would you respond to the cruise control issue which still has not been resolved, the spark plug issue of plugs blowing out and then in my 04=05 you can't get them out and ford denies they even have a problem what do you think these thousnands of folks driving these trucks are going to do when replacement time comes??

The PSD issue is going to kill Ford?

Sorry, I'm not going to dignify that with a response. Other than this: The Explorer issue was far far far far far worse. Way far worse, hundreds of millions of dollars and tons of bad publicity worse.

As if GM doesn't have piston slap issues, Dodge doesn't have coachwork issues and Toyota doesn't have brake issues. Gee. To hear you tell it, Ford's the only company on the planet that builds products with the occasional defect.

The PSD issue is going to kill Ford?

Sorry, I'm not going to dignify that with a response. Other than this: The Explorer issue was far far far far far worse. Way far worse, hundreds of millions of dollars and tons of bad publicity worse.

As if GM doesn't have piston slap issues, Dodge doesn't have coachwork issues and Toyota doesn't have brake issues. Gee. To hear you tell it, Ford's the only company on the planet that builds products with the occasional defect.

As usual you completely missed my point I know they all have issures but I really don't give a shit about any of them but ford as that is what I drive(04 f-150) and ford either denies there is a problem or it takes them forever to fix anything, talked to my friend this morn. and asked him about his cruise control, still nothing from our dealer still waiting some 7-8 months down the road needless to say he is driving his last ford and he is a 50yr. ford guy and it goes on and on!!! :shrug:

Maybe the people that think it takes Ford "forever" to fix a problem should look around. It has taken "forever" for GM to acknowledge the piston slap issues with the LS2 motors--in fact GM still refuses to acknowledge the scope of THAT problem.

People that drop Ford for failing to live up to some unrealistic pie-in-the-sky expectations of perfect reliability, perfect service, and perfect handling of defects deserve the frustrations and annoyances that will come with their next vehicle purchase from brand X.

Everytime someone brings up an issue with a Ford product and states Ford has been unresponsive, the justification from RJ and other is that "Brand X" does the same thing so it's ok.

I guess I'll have to go find a Honda dealer that takes four times to service and repair my Honda so I feel better about the way the Ford dealer treats me.

See, I have been to TWO Honda dealers and they both have treated me 10 times better than the three Ford dealers I have worked with. If someone can show me a Ford dealer in my area that is as easy to work with as the Honda dealers, I am all ears.

I have said it many times, that the Honda had more recalls than the Ford and except for the Ford's exploding battery, both have had the same number of repairs. But the Honda dealer treats me so well that it makes me forget the inconvenience of taking the car back to the dealer. Meanwhile, the Ford dealer makes me remember every friggin time I have had to step into their place.

My next car could be an Escape, but you gotta come up with a more compelling argument than "we're no more dorked up than the next guy." First, that's no good reason and second, my experience simply doesn't bear that out.

Edited by bec5150

Thanx BEC RJ absolutely refuses to take an issue on except to say the other guys product is worse, and I have had the same experiece as you only I have a camry to go with my f-150 and our dealer here sells both ford and toyo but the service depts. are as different as nite and day and they are owned by the same people so I must suspect it is the auto maker that makes it that way, we have many people here still with no fix for their cruise control and RJ can talk around it all he wants but that is not acceptable after this lenght of time, ford is going to SLOW DANCE right to the bottom of the industry IMO!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by kenp77

If by that you mean my decision is to either be treated like crap or buy a Honda, well, RJ, thanks for making up my mind.

That's about the size. Buy a Honda, Buick, Saturn, Lincoln/Mercury, Lexus, Jaguar, etc.

Heck. Just take your Ranger to the local LM dealership for service. You'll probably be blown away by the difference...