2003 Cobra motor in a 2005 GT?

Sharptj

So I had a catastrophic engine failure at only 39K miles on my 2005 GT...I am trying to decide whether to go with this engine:

MMR Street Mod 900 3V 2005-2007 Longblock

Cobra Block with MMR/Manley Forged Pistons with 3V valve reliefs, 4340 Manley Forged H-Beam Rods w/ARP bolts, forged crankshaft fully balanced and blueprinted in a Brand new 03/O4 Cobra Block with Production Ford 3V heads fully assembled with Stainless Steel Valves, ARP head studs, MMR/Felpro head gaskets, Manley Polished Nextek springs and and a High Volume oil pump.

Upgrade to MMR Street/Racing Oil pump

Add ARP Main Studs

Add MMR 7qrt Street/Racing Oil Pan

Upgrade to Stage 2 Ported Heads

for a total of $7276.99 plus install and timing

OR

just buy a 2003 Cobra crate motor and drop her in....if I buy the cobra motor for ~$4K...will the motor mounts line up by chance? Anything else to look out for?

So I had a catastrophic engine failure at only 39K miles on my 2005 GT...I am trying to decide whether to go with this engine:

MMR Street Mod 900 3V 2005-2007 Longblock

Cobra Block with MMR/Manley Forged Pistons with 3V valve reliefs, 4340 Manley Forged H-Beam Rods w/ARP bolts, forged crankshaft fully balanced and blueprinted in a Brand new 03/O4 Cobra Block with Production Ford 3V heads fully assembled with Stainless Steel Valves, ARP head studs, MMR/Felpro head gaskets, Manley Polished Nextek springs and and a High Volume oil pump.

Upgrade to MMR Street/Racing Oil pump

Add ARP Main Studs

Add MMR 7qrt Street/Racing Oil Pan

Upgrade to Stage 2 Ported Heads

for a total of $7276.99 plus install and timing

OR

just buy a 2003 Cobra crate motor and drop her in....if I buy the cobra motor for ~$4K...will the motor mounts line up by chance? Anything else to look out for?

i am going to keep an eye one this thread... i too have been wanting to swap in a motor from a Terminator Cobra (03/04). from what i can tell the motor mounts from the 05/08 Gt mustang should work.. take a look at this link from karkraft, they indicate that the motor mounts here are on a 4.6 dohc engine, and the look like the motor mounts on the 05+ cars... i too have an 05 but it has 60,000+ mile on it with no issues.

here is the link.

Motor Mounts

Edited by x956210x