Plastech bankruptcy

Hellcat_F6F

Saw on the news that Chrysler plants are shut down because of plastech filing bankruptcy...isn't Ford also a big customer of plastech?

Yes they do....Ford is a little more diverse!! Maybe they will all learn a lesson from this. They squeeze their vendors until they have to file bankruptcy!! Sad for all those emplyees. Julie Brown doesn't give 2 shits about any of they!! I heard that chrysler was at the doors wanting their equipment and the cops wouldn't let them in!! Has anyone heard this?

Yes they do....Ford is a little more diverse!! Maybe they will all learn a lesson from this. They squeeze their vendors until they have to file bankruptcy!! Sad for all those emplyees. Julie Brown doesn't give 2 shits about any of they!! I heard that chrysler was at the doors wanting their equipment and the cops wouldn't let them in!! Has anyone heard this?

Haven't heard that...but what I'm wondering is if the plastech thing will impact Ford at all. I know Ford buys alot of parts from them.

Sho Nuff, ain't gonna affect us for a while but it will!!! Maybe now the company will realize that cheaper parts and labor ain't always as good as it looks!!!! what goes around comes around....Gee did'nt ford have three plastics plants that they shut down ?? sure could use them about now.....

Heard they shut the plant down friday nite so the state police and sheriff had nobody to serve papers on... chrysler showed up with cops and trucks to get their dies.....nobody home.....

I heard that chrysler was at the doors wanting their equipment and the cops wouldn't let them in!! Has anyone heard this?

According to THIS article, Chrysler owns the tooling. The injunction will probably not stand up in court.

Along with that initial payment from the customers, Chrysler said Plastech agreed all tooling would belong to the respective customers and they would have the right to take possession of the equipment at any time without payment, according to court documents.