Local 400 Elections

local400future

As machining coordinators when necessary, but not as machine operators.

local400future

I think that it is great that you are running....competition only makes you stronger, but I think that it is a little pre-mature to put out campaign material. This would be a good way to have an election contested. I would recommend removing. Good luck.....I haven't decided yet...I am sure there will be others running (some for their lives) I will keep you in mind come election time!!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it is great that you are running....competition only makes you stronger, but I think that it is a little pre-mature to put out campaign material. This would be a good way to have an election contested. I would recommend removing. Good luck.....I haven't decided yet...I am sure there will be others running (some for their lives) I will keep you in mind come election time!!

Thanks Cap. I already spoke with UAW legal about my site. As long as I am not promoting it as a UAW sponsored site, they do not have any problems with it.

www.local400future.com

Edited by local400future

Machining is the area that machines the major components of the engine that are shipped in from casting. Coordinators are basically hourly supervision. Typically these areas are covered by machinists, people who run various machines, i.e. tool changes, quality checks, cleaning, etc. Machinists are not allowed to work on these machines when they break down, that's when the trades come in. Therefore, the company wants trades to run machines because they can also work on them.

The last I knew, we only had two tradesmen coordinating in machining. One was a millwright, not sure about the other.

The other is a electrician, but I heard they were both giving the job up. So there could be a production person doing this job!! Either way still no IMT's!!

Good Luck anyone else running? Whos all running for spots thier? Anyone good?

There are good people running for the other local positions, but I am not at liberty to post their names. I will not mention any names unless a person tells me directly that it is alright. This is a very unique election this time around. Most of the people I know that are running are running independent because they do not want to be seen as part of an established clique. The ticket side says that being on a ticket gives you credibility. Most of the people I have talked to do not like the ticket idea. Personally, I can see the benefits of both. Regardless, everyone has a right to run and I fully support that right.

May the best man or woman win.

Well, you've basically called me an ignorant liar, which in my opinion falls more on the "hate" side than the "support" side.

Basically, I am just trying to run an honest, non aggressive campaign. I don't get into personal attacks. I want people to vote for me because of who I am and what I stand for, not what the other guy supposedly did or said in the past. Obviously I don't think our current President is going to help lead us into the future, but is that what the membership thinks? Even if I lose, I know my website and this forum have gotten more people involved. While my information may not be perfect, it gets people asking questions. Is that bad?

local400future

I am far from perfect. Carry on. Good luck.

There are good people running for the other local positions, but I am not at liberty to post their names. I will not mention any names unless a person tells me directly that it is alright. This is a very unique election this time around. Most of the people I know that are running are running independent because they do not want to be seen as part of an established clique. The ticket side says that being on a ticket gives you credibility. Most of the people I have talked to do not like the ticket idea. Personally, I can see the benefits of both. Regardless, everyone has a right to run and I fully support that right.

Better tell everyone to be ready to run a sprint campaign... I hear that foney is bringing to the JC election periods that are very short. nominations, and someting like 7 days to campaign... gonna be real tough to run an amalgamated local election in that period of time. Have you paperwork ready on the computer so you can just put in your numbers and print! take those bums out!!

Better tell everyone to be ready to run a sprint campaign... I hear that foney is bringing to the JC election periods that are very short. nominations, and someting like 7 days to campaign... gonna be real tough to run an amalgamated local election in that period of time. Have you paperwork ready on the computer so you can just put in your numbers and print! take those bums out!!

From what I understand, the nominations are opening this Monday and the elections will be held April 16th. Granted, not that much time to campaign for a local position, but I have to work with what they give me.

Thanks for the support!

www.local400future.com

OK, the nominations are from March 18th-20th. The election date is April 16th.

you should be reading the election standards from the intl uaw, these dates are very supicious... Be very aware that all members must have a reasonable oppurtunity to take part in all union activities

two days for nomination in an amalgamated local on an easter weekend, reasonable?????

if your gonna run, then run to win and use this against them. call intl now before the election. USC out of school and traveling, reasnable??

All I know is that if you put that same dipshit in office agian you and your membership get what you have coming why in the hell would you put someone in office who has been taking your money and burning your local to the ground...he has done nothing but screw you over for years.Your local needs to be represented in a positve way!!! good luck 400 you put that prez. in office and you are screwed!!!!!!! It is in your power to change your drowning local just vote agianst tony!!

Edited by flatout

you should be reading the election standards from the intl uaw, these dates are very supicious... Be very aware that all members must have a reasonable oppurtunity to take part in all union activities

two days for nomination in an amalgamated local on an easter weekend, reasonable?????

if your gonna run, then run to win and use this against them. call intl now before the election. USC out of school and traveling, reasnable??

Per the bylaws, they're only required to have 7 days between the last day of nominations and the election. That is why I put my website up last month.

I'll be in Utica Tuesday after I put my nomination in, hopefully I'll be able to meet you.

OK, the nominations are from March 18th-20th. The election date is April 16th.

Wow, look out 2280,, foney has really flipped it on you! i just got a mailer from local 400 in foney's biff's and jonnies names (amazing that foney's daughter, non-union non-member has her name on it too) that is shaping up for a hostile takeover just like we posted here and in the 228/400 discussion threads over time. follow the money and the motive!!!

these guys are going to try to take you guys over because they want more money, they didn't keep 228 and 400 finances in order so they made up this plan... instead of giving up there paychecks long ago like others did, they figure to fake you all out and name himself president of the eastside local with biff vp and others sucking up behind. follow the money and the motive!!!

you guys better watch outand get charges filed right now. it will be easy to get the information you need since the publication has local 400's address on it with he names of those involved. follow the money and the motive!!!

as for those in 400 and running for office, you all have an equal amount of resources coming for your election.... foney has the official election notices with unification on it now using local funds for his campaign as the local has been involved in his personal agenda with the colorful 8 page flyer sent to members, like we posted here and other places... follow the money and the motive!!!

oh wiat a minute, he used the membership list for the personal gain of foney, biff and jonnie exclusively. in fact, the other officers of locals 400,228,and 2280 aren't even listed on the 8 pager. the leb's of all the locals are not listed/named. only foney, angela, biff and jonnie are named....follow the money and the motive!!!

now for the topper---foney has left out membes of his own local, bridgewater, utica community schools, wes pro, image america etc out of the equation,,,except for their dues dollars he has begun spending!!! follow the money and the motive!!!

Good luck Al! I do hope that when you are "at liberty" you will post the names of the others that are running. Curiousity. BTW can I have Gajeski's job?

That's just rumor and accusations. I would hope that they were false, but I don't know. No one has shown any proof aside from the anonymous letter floating around. I'm sure that the International and NLRB know about the accusations and if true, it will be dealt with.

I'll post them when I get them. One name I can give you is Sam Russo from Utica is running with me for Vice President.

I'll post them when I get them. One name I can give you is Sam Russo from Utica is running with me for Vice President.

yall be careful with sammy he ran a capign at utica for chirman that was less than ideal.. he seems to believe he deserves spots and is the type that would sell one out for an appointment. ask him about the shadow and similarr types..

Wow, look out 2280,, foney has really flipped it on you! i just got a mailer from local 400 in foney's biff's and jonnies names (amazing that foney's daughter, non-union non-member has her name on it too) that is shaping up for a hostile takeover just like we posted here and in the 228/400 discussion threads over time. follow the money and the motive!!!

these guys are going to try to take you guys over because they want more money, they didn't keep 228 and 400 finances in order so they made up this plan... instead of giving up there paychecks long ago like others did, they figure to fake you all out and name himself president of the eastside local with biff vp and others sucking up behind. follow the money and the motive!!!

you guys better watch outand get charges filed right now. it will be easy to get the information you need since the publication has local 400's address on it with he names of those involved. follow the money and the motive!!!

as for those in 400 and running for office, you all have an equal amount of resources coming for your election.... foney has the official election notices with unification on it now using local funds for his campaign as the local has been involved in his personal agenda with the colorful 8 page flyer sent to members, like we posted here and other places... follow the money and the motive!!!

oh wiat a minute, he used the membership list for the personal gain of foney, biff and jonnie exclusively. in fact, the other officers of locals 400,228,and 2280 aren't even listed on the 8 pager. the leb's of all the locals are not listed/named. only foney, angela, biff and jonnie are named....follow the money and the motive!!!

now for the topper---foney has left out membes of his own local, bridgewater, utica community schools, wes pro, image america etc out of the equation,,,except for their dues dollars he has begun spending!!! follow the money and the motive!!!

A TAKEOVER OF LOCAL 2280 WILL NEVER HAPPEN.WE HAVE A GOOD TEAM AS UNION REPS RIGHT NOW AND THE MEMBERSHIP WILL NEVER GO FOR IT.LOCAL 228 AND 400 ARE ON THIER OWN,THEY ARE STILL LOSING MEMBERSHIP THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE TO MAKE SOME ADJUSTMENTS IN SALARIES IT MAY BE TO LATE!!!

A TAKEOVER OF LOCAL 2280 WILL NEVER HAPPEN.WE HAVE A GOOD TEAM AS UNION REPS RIGHT NOW AND THE MEMBERSHIP WILL NEVER GO FOR IT.LOCAL 228 AND 400 ARE ON THIER OWN,THEY ARE STILL LOSING MEMBERSHIP THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE TO MAKE SOME ADJUSTMENTS IN SALARIES IT MAY BE TO LATE!!!

I am not part of 228, but didn't Jeff already make some drastic changes to salary? Maybe we need to look at what they have done and incorporate the same. Be proactive and weather the storm. Might as well get prepared instead of waiting till it is too late. Hopefully our leadership will see into the future and try and prepare. They are a good bunch of guys running and in office. They will do whats right!!

I am not part of 228, but didn't Jeff already make some drastic changes to salary? Maybe we need to look at what they have done and incorporate the same. Be proactive and weather the storm. Might as well get prepared instead of waiting till it is too late. Hopefully our leadership will see into the future and try and prepare. They are a good bunch of guys running and in office. They will do whats right!!

ahoy capn.. I see from the 228 LM-2 that some adjustments have been made to some officers, however, contractually the company is still paying 50 hours a week ($104,104.00 w/ 10% shift prem) to the local president, so that person is still gettting well over $150,000.00.

As for the others those have been adjusted. however, as to your comments about a good group of guys, I would raise an alarm!!!

these guys have not done what's right, what is already in the bylaws as memberships are being lost. 400 should have been cutting heads and contracted services already.... the fact that foney and the gang has chosen not to comply with bylaw condidtions shows their intentions are not to enrich the members but to enrich themselves!!! "follow the money and the motive!!!"

the term leadership should not be used when talking about foney and the pickle boys, they do not lead the local.... they bleed the local!!!

ahoy capn.. I see from the 228 LM-2 that some adjustments have been made to some officers, however, contractually the company is still paying 50 hours a week ($104,104.00 w/ 10% shift prem) to the local president, so that person is still gettting well over $150,000.00.

As for the others those have been adjusted. however, as to your comments about a good group of guys, I would raise an alarm!!!

these guys have not done what's right, what is already in the bylaws as memberships are being lost. 400 should have been cutting heads and contracted services already.... the fact that foney and the gang has chosen not to comply with bylaw condidtions shows their intentions are not to enrich the members but to enrich themselves!!! "follow the money and the motive!!!"

the term leadership should not be used when talking about foney and the pickle boys, they do not lead the local.... they bleed the local!!!

I get a kick out of your posts....I guess I should expect it...it is election time. :redcard: Guess what anyone can submit a by-law change....I am certain there will be some submitted after elections, not before because someone running does not want to cut there own throat, because by a small chance they may get into office. :banghead: I think Jeff showed his true leadership by making cuts. Sure some things are never enough, but this was not a popular thing to do. there were a lot of rank and file upset over this, but he stood up and did what he had too. That whole follow the money and motive is extremely stupid and only shows how involved you really are!! You may fool some people who do not know the process, but everyone on the East side are a little smarter than that!!

WRONG AGAIN STUPID ASS>....our BYLAWS state...the president makes 99k base..the company pays for 85k of the 99k so the local only pay him about 20k...OUR President don't take the 10% shift premium....WOW what a thought...dude your a stupid jackkass.

Our President only gets raises when the membership gets raises....so if he made 103K last year it would have been a great year.

Run your bullshit on people who will believe it...Jeff is the only President to take this lead...2 years ago he did it...thats some crystal ball he has for sure...obviously better than most locals. Cough cough

I get a kick out of your posts....I guess I should expect it...it is election time. :redcard: Guess what anyone can submit a by-law change....I am certain there will be some submitted after elections, not before because someone running does not want to cut there own throat, because by a small chance they may get into office. :banghead: I think Jeff showed his true leadership by making cuts. Sure some things are never enough, but this was not a popular thing to do. there were a lot of rank and file upset over this, but he stood up and did what he had too. That whole follow the money and motive is extremely stupid and only shows how involved you really are!! You may fool some people who do not know the process, but everyone on the East side are a little smarter than that!!

Small chance I might win? Wow, maybe I should just drop out.

I have yet to hear 3 people say they support our president. There is more than a small chance.

www.local400future.com

WRONG AGAIN STUPID ASS>....our BYLAWS state...the president makes 99k base..the company pays for 85k of the 99k so the local only pay him about 20k...OUR President don't take the 10% shift premium....WOW what a thought...dude your a stupid jackkass.

Our President only gets raises when the membership gets raises....so if he made 103K last year it would have been a great year.

Run your bullshit on people who will believe it...Jeff is the only President to take this lead...2 years ago he did it...thats some crystal ball he has for sure...obviously better than most locals. Cough cough

My feathered phoney friend the eagelt has raised an issue. albeit already agreed that 228 has made changes in bylaws,,, we however are speaking about local 400 officers here, hence the threads title!! So my birdly buddie, youve got egg on your face.

to clear this up, I will direct you to page 14 of 29 of the latest report to the DOL from 400 showing that foney, your butt buddie, is taking 49,004.00 in addition to the 5o hours the comapny contractually pays him...not by laws or constitution, but contractually. those are the number and taken at 28.00 per hour, well you all can do the math.

Now if the biffster is running at 400 now he would be affected...but i don't remember hearing his name.

as to raises, the 400 president gets his as intl staff gets theirs since officers payroll is based on that standard and not the memberships standard which I would support. if you want stafff salary go on staff,,, and that is what biffy boy and foney had in their plan as stated many moons ago...

to the capn hoda---a real leader wouldn't have a problem putting this out on the floors and halls of out local. a reality based administration vs a criminality based, is what is needed.