2008 YTD Truck Sales

StanM

the new Tundra went on sale in MARCH 2007 - there is your answer - so Toyota added 62% of volume - good going until you look at the incentives ...

The Tundra is a decent truck but it is nowhere near the maturity of the Ford and GM pickups.

Igor

Edited by igor

the new Tundra went on sale in MARCH 2007 - there is your answer - so Toyota added 62% of volume - good going until you look at the incentives ...

The Tundra is a decent truck but it is nowhere near the maturity of the Ford and GM pickups.

Igor

Ranger is outselling the colorado, thats good news.

Ranger is outselling the colorado, thats good news.

I'm always surprised by how few Titan trucks are sold. I think they are nice looking and certainly better looking then the toyota.

Personally I believe I can find a suitable truck when the time comes made by Ford, GM or Dodge, but I do like the looks of the tundra

I think that the Toyota Tundra sales will go the way of the Titan eventually. People don't like being burned by a brand that was a sacred cow. And Toyota has burned allot of people with this latest truck.

Remember, the Titan sold well it's first year as well. Then when all the Nissan huggers got their truck, the Titan's sales went into the dumpster due to crappy reliability, and lack of selection. Toyota has selection, just crappy reliability/quality of build. The old truck was way better than the current Swollen tick looking POS.

I think that the Toyota Tundra sales will go the way of the Titan eventually. People don't like being burned by a brand that was a sacred cow. And Toyota has burned allot of people with this latest truck.

Remember, the Titan sold well it's first year as well. Then when all the Nissan huggers got their truck, the Titan's sales went into the dumpster due to crappy reliability, and lack of selection. Toyota has selection, just crappy reliability/quality of build. The old truck was way better than the current Swollen tick looking POS.

It's too bad about the Titan; if I couldn't get Ford or Chevy; I'd buy a Titan. Nissan seems to have a clue of a real truck than Toyota does. I too like the styling and have rented an Armada with the same engine and transmission; drove like a champ. I've seen a lot of Nissan ads touting the boxed frame.

• 2 weeks later...
im surprised the ranger outsold the Colorado...good news for ford but too bad they gonna ax the ranger

Chevy is saying the Colorado will not be replaced, and that they will eventually discontinue the build. Probably two or three years after the Trailblazer SUV disappears... And as I recall reading the Chevy forum, they said that is happening next year(?).

Edited by jonas1022

• 2 weeks later...
Chevy is saying the Colorado will not be replaced, and that they will eventually discontinue the build. Probably two or three years after the Trailblazer SUV disappears... And as I recall reading the Chevy forum, they said that is happening next year(?).

The Colorado/Canyon thing doesn't surprise me at all for 3 reasons: 1st, the styling (from what I've read) never really caught on. 2nd, it was still a mistake trying to convince truck buyers about 5-cylinder powerplants being better than a traditional V-6. A lot of people wouldn't take the time to research the facts and see that the 5 was indeed an improvement. 3rd, imagine the surprise on people's faces when they learned that initially, the Colorado/Canyon couldn't tow as much or carry as much payload as the outgoing S-10/Sonoma...WTF?

Are the Trailblazer/Envoy/9-7 trio goin' down next year? Originally, it was scheduled to be 2010, but your scenario is more likely given that the Traverse will be out and Saab has their new crossover coming, not to mention the Acadia is doing very well.

If GM was wise, they would utilize the 4200 I-6 in the H3. While they're at it, it wouldn't hurt to transfer it to the Silverado/Sierra, effectively replacing that God-awful 4300 V-6 and maybe even the 4800 V-8...

im surprised the ranger outsold the Colorado...good news for ford but too bad they gonna ax the ranger

Latest news on Ranger is that it won't be axed. A new Ranger is supposed to be in the works in Austrailia. It is rumored to be the new global Ranger for when Ford changes its vehicles to all global. If its true look for a new Ranger around 2010-2012.

• 2 weeks later...
Latest news on Ranger is that it won't be axed. A new Ranger is supposed to be in the works in Austrailia. It is rumored to be the new global Ranger for when Ford changes its vehicles to all global. If its true look for a new Ranger around 2010-2012.

And the best guess for the build site is Louisville, KY? Same rumour that I heard.

:reading: Correction.....The Ranger will be axed.

Ford is planning on giving us a new truck of an unknown size. It has been rumored that the replacement will be based on the Australian designed T6 platform. Ford Brazil has confirmed that they will be producing a new truck based on that platform with production starting late 2010.