LOUISVILLE ASSEMBLY PASSED LOCAL CONTRACT TODAY

Still can't wait to hear the LOWLIGHTS...if we ever do? :(

I've got a feeling the only reason it got passed is because of the threat of maybe shutting the doors there. Not knocking their vote, just making a comparison to all the plants that are voting their local down, which are not receiving threats.

Edited by gixer44

Honestly, don't recall all of the highlights, nor do I have the booklet in front of me at the moment. Other members will have to help me on that one.

We had our dock jobs outsourced, they were able to get them back, but only 30-40 fork jobs...but hell, it's jobs added. Other than that, I honestly don't recall much.

Local contract worries more about "local" crap obviously...like ice machines, covered parking for motorcycles, better heat relief programs, etc...

Bunch of mumbo jumbo if you ask me.

Threat of closing made us pass the local? Not even close. We have about 600 people getting ready to be laid off and it still passed. We had less people vote than are about to get laid off. LMAO

We have been on 4-10s for almost a year now...losing a shift mid-June, looks like they may put us back on 5 days this fall with a couple of scheduled Saturdays. I love how they can get rid of a shift and go to OT when they want now. It's all bullshit.

We have vehicle(s) coming in 2010 supposedly, so I future may look brighter than KTP's at the moment. If we get something that gets better fuel economy, we will be running strong again for a while.

We have been on 4-10s for almost a year now...losing a shift mid-June, looks like they may put us back on 5 days this fall with a couple of scheduled Saturdays. I love how they can get rid of a shift and go to OT when they want now. It's all bullshit.

We have vehicle(s) coming in 2010 supposedly, so I future may look brighter than KTP's at the moment. If we get something that gets better fuel economy, we will be running strong again for a while.

well since you work at lap also, i am sure you have heard that the supposed new vehicle will be the european focus, and that they are supposed to break ground on our new stamping plant in sept, so yes as they are saying come middle of 010 we should be back to normal, 2 shifts plus, but since they won't officially announce it everything is still just rumors, but gettlefinger says he knows what it is , but he can't say, \

I thought you guys were getting the new Ranger or (F100)?
who actually knows for sure, it isn't the employees as you know we are always the last to find out, like i said it is rumored that the platform we are suppposedly to get fits the focus, the kuga, and transit, don't know if they are going to change the f100(ranger) to a car platform, don't know if it is possible, but makes sense if they can you would get the better mileage off that chasis i believe, just have to wait see, hope it is something that sells and gets good mileage, i don't want to stay on lay-off for ever

well since you work at lap also, i am sure you have heard that the supposed new vehicle will be the european focus, and that they are supposed to break ground on our new stamping plant in sept, so yes as they are saying come middle of 010 we should be back to normal, 2 shifts plus, but since they won't officially announce it everything is still just rumors, but gettlefinger says he knows what it is , but he can't say, \

I doubt they will build another stamping plant near LAP,for the simple reason KTP has two modern stamping cells right now.

We will probably stamp parts for your new vehicle like we do for the Explorer.

I thought you guys were getting the new Ranger or (F100)?

Rumor has it you guys might get it. To be built on a unibody construction. Could be the D or C platform. Chicago is set up for the D now, but you can run another. Don't quote me on this, just hear say. Besides the Explorer will most likely be built at Chicago.

Jeff Donohue for Building Chairman

Check out what he has to say about the new contract and the future of ford in Louisville @

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B1885F62302999C6

<object width="470" height="406"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/p/B1885F62302999C6" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/p/B1885F62302999C6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="470" height="406" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

I'm glad rocky decided to retire but how in the hell doe's he retire and continue to be 862 president? Are we now electing retiree’s as are repasentives? For all you 30-year workers you could retire with $50,000 and a $35,000 year pension so why not do it? would you rather see younger workers with young kids laid off…

Jeff Donohue for Building Chairman

Check out what he has to say about the new contract and the future of ford in Louisville @

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B1885F62302999C6

<object width="470" height="406"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/p/B1885F62302999C6" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/p/B1885F62302999C6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="470" height="406" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

Wow times are tough if you have to solicit for votes on the net :banghead: