Why can't I bump a temp at CAP ?

jrboatin

Why can't I bump a temp at CAP, would love to go on days. Just does not seem right.
I read in the last contract that a senority employee could bump a tpt or part timer.It also said you would retain all of your rights and benefits except for subpay!I had to read it a few times because I could not believe it actually said that in the contract.I assume you work at Cap and want to bump to days?If that is the case I would be on my committee person to get an answer.I work at Cap and we have many tpt's.If we are keeping two shifts then they need to go to make room for senority employee's wanting to transfer.

Why can't I bump a temp at CAP, would love to go on days. Just does not seem right.

Hey Boatin, Check out appendix K of the Master Agreement. That's the section that deals with how temps are to be governed. It states that a Temp is not to infringe on the rights of a full time employee. If you have a committeeperson worth his/her weight he/she should be able to use this language to argue your point for you. Not being able to exercise your seniority bumping rights is an infringement as far as I can tell. I've also read through the New master language dealing with Long term supplemental employees and how they are governed. Most governance issues are refered back to "K". I would say that you can make a pretty strong case to exercise your bump rights with this language. Hope this helps.

Edited by Wittsend

Thanks,

But you answered nothing for me, but you did have a smart a$$ comment. If you want to have input make it worth my time ready. Chessewizzzzzzzz

Simply because you don't like the answer does not make it a "smart ass comment".

If you want to be able to bump them, get Ford to hire them as seniority employees.