Sync / Nav Questions

mmdlcab

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post these questions? But the search feature here on blue oval forums has been offline for a while today (never tried to use it till now), and the sync forum also seems to be down so far every time I've checked today.

I'm hoping you folks out there can point me to some links and or websites with info and how to on the sync / nav system in the FEH and MMH. Please feel free to move this topic as needed?

SyncMyRide.com

How do you create an account there, if it does not recognize your VIN, and the 2009 FEH and MMH are not listed as vehicle choices.

Sync_my_itunes

What exactly does this program do? Every time I try to run it, it tells me I need to install Itunes. Itunes is installed. Is this program not compatible with Windows Vista?

USB / User Device

Ok, so I have music on a USB Flash drive and it works in the system. But is there a way to copy those files to the hard drive so I do not have to have leave the USB flash drive in the slot all the time? Yes, I have looked at the manual. If it's there, I missed it. (not the greatest manual I have seen)

Other than recording a CD that is playing, how do you get music onto the internal hard drive?

Other websites with useful info?

If you know of other useful sync related sites, please let me know? Newbie alert here.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post these questions? But the search feature here on blue oval forums has been offline for a while today (never tried to use it till now), and the sync forum also seems to be down so far every time I've checked today.

I'm hoping you folks out there can point me to some links and or websites with info and how to on the sync / nav system in the FEH and MMH. Please feel free to move this topic as needed?

SyncMyRide.com

How do you create an account there, if it does not recognize your VIN, and the 2009 FEH and MMH are not listed as vehicle choices.

Sync_my_itunes

What exactly does this program do? Every time I try to run it, it tells me I need to install Itunes. Itunes is installed. Is this program not compatible with Windows Vista?

USB / User Device

Ok, so I have music on a USB Flash drive and it works in the system. But is there a way to copy those files to the hard drive so I do not have to have leave the USB flash drive in the slot all the time? Yes, I have looked at the manual. If it's there, I missed it. (not the greatest manual I have seen)

Other than recording a CD that is playing, how do you get music onto the internal hard drive?

Other websites with useful info?

If you know of other useful sync related sites, please let me know? Newbie alert here.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

The latest I have from Ford was that the syncmyride site should be updated soon with the 2009 models. Until then we have to wait. I sent them a follow up email again last night asking for an ETA if possible on this update.

syncmyitunes is program that you run on your pc. You need to have itunes CLOSED at the time you run it. If you have multiple itunes accounts on your pc it will run against the last one you had opened. It will go through your music library and index it so that all your music (or as much as possible based upon format) will be recognized and played in your vehicle via SYNC. After it indexes your library you need to then resync your ipod (or other mp3 player) to your itunes account and then plug it into your vehicle so it can be recognized.

If anyone feels I stated this incorrectly please set me straight so I can learn to but this is what I did on my pc/ipod/vehicle.

The latest I have from Ford was that the syncmyride site should be updated soon with the 2009 models. Until then we have to wait. I sent them a follow up email again last night asking for an ETA if possible on this update.

syncmyitunes is program that you run on your pc. You need to have itunes CLOSED at the time you run it. If you have multiple itunes accounts on your pc it will run against the last one you had opened. It will go through your music library and index it so that all your music (or as much as possible based upon format) will be recognized and played in your vehicle via SYNC. After it indexes your library you need to then resync your ipod (or other mp3 player) to your itunes account and then plug it into your vehicle so it can be recognized.

If anyone feels I stated this incorrectly please set me straight so I can learn to but this is what I did on my pc/ipod/vehicle.

Thanks GL. It's wierd, or I'm having a bad day. I tried it with itunes open, and closed. Both times it told me I needed to install itunes. I just tried it again, with itunes closed, and it worked? DOH! as Homer would say.

So ford is selling multiple vehicles with sync in the 2009 model year, but the syncmyride site is not current? Bummer! Not a good thing. Oh well. I waited 4 months before I went out and bought a MMH on a lot, so I guess I can wait a little longer.

As of right now, I don't have a ipod / mp3 player. Never really needed one, so thats why I'm trying to use the flash drive. I suppose, if a mp3 player is a requirement, I'll stick with leaving the flash drive in the socket and just play from that.

Many thanks for the info. Much appreciated.