www.syncmyride.com

Green Lantern

As of tonight I see that www.syncmyride.com now includes the Escape in their list of 2009 models. It still does not recognize my VIN but I feel certain that will change shortly. I just wanted to share this with any other 2009 Escape owners that have been trying to register their vehicle SYNC systems. Good luck!

If this has already been posted somewhere I apologize for the redundancy.

As of tonight I see that www.syncmyride.com now includes the Escape in their list of 2009 models. It still does not recognize my VIN but I feel certain that will change shortly. I just wanted to share this with any other 2009 Escape owners that have been trying to register their vehicle SYNC systems. Good luck!

If this has already been posted somewhere I apologize for the redundancy.

Green Lantern,

I just tried to register my 09MMH and it won't recognize my vin as well. Hopefully it will be functional in a day or two. Until then I'll just enjoy driving and playing with my new toy. What a nice vehicle this is.

I tried syncmyride.com too, and, it wouldn't recognize my VIN either. I then tried registering with Ford Owner https://www.flmowner.com. It said my VIN wasn't recognized, but then presented me with an option to register my VIN (don't remember the exact wording.). After I finished doing that, I went back to syncmyride.com and it let me register. I believe I read this suggestion somewhere else, but, don't remember where. Hope this helps!

I tried syncmyride.com too, and, it wouldn't recognize my VIN either. I then tried registering with Ford Owner https://www.flmowner.com. It said my VIN wasn't recognized, but then presented me with an option to register my VIN (don't remember the exact wording.). After I finished doing that, I went back to syncmyride.com and it let me register. I believe I read this suggestion somewhere else, but, don't remember where. Hope this helps!

lol, then I guess I am screwed because I am already registered with Ford Owner. I will give it a few more days then contact Ford Customer Service for some suggestions. Thanks.

lol, then I guess I am screwed because I am already registered with Ford Owner. I will give it a few more days then contact Ford Customer Service for some suggestions. Thanks.

yea, what he said. :-( I'm registered on both sites and syncmyride says there is a problem with my vin and to reenter it. I'll check it again next week.

• 2 weeks later...
yea, what he said. :-( I'm registered on both sites and syncmyride says there is a problem with my vin and to reenter it. I'll check it again next week.

fwiw, i just did my weekly check on sync my ride and it no longer barked at my vin for my mercury mariner 2009 hybrid. not sure when this might have changed. It did make me more or less confirm the registration info I had put in earlier, but it let me go all the way through and complete things. It now knows my vin is real and knows what vehicle it is.

Have not had the time to do much more than look around on the site. I saw the update your sync option, but can't tell if there are any real updates there to do? I'll look at it more tonight when I get home.

I guess it knows my vin now, for those of you waiting, it might know yours as well. Looks like the health report and 911 thing are not turned on yet for my car

Edited by mmdlcab

fwiw, i just did my weekly check on sync my ride and it no longer barked at my vin for my mercury mariner 2009 hybrid. not sure when this might have changed. It did make me more or less confirm the registration info I had put in earlier, but it let me go all the way through and complete things. It now knows my vin is real and knows what vehicle it is.

Have not had the time to do much more than look around on the site. I saw the update your sync option, but can't tell if there are any real updates there to do? I'll look at it more tonight when I get home.

I guess it knows my vin now, for those of you waiting, it might know yours as well. Looks like the health report and 911 thing are not turned on yet for my car

Sorry...I never updated this. I got on the next day finally. I am fully registered however it says there are no updates yet for my vehicle. I am giving it some more time before I ask my dealer if I have to come in for a dealer update to get Vehicle Health Report and 911 assistance turned on.