Is Hybrid order prior to Aug 1 price protected or not???

EricC5Vett

Price protection for Pre-August 1st orders is confirmed, took delivery October 15th on a FEHL that was ordered in early May, had one alteration to the existing order in July, but it did not affect price.

"A" Plan price was 30,534 for a 35,100 MSRP.

Just wanted to thank everybody that posted info with regards to the price increase, particularly ice-capades. My FEH came in Wed, they wanted to prep it yesterday and we decided to wait until today to pick it up. What can I say, it's great! At first they wrote up the price increase, I told them I thought the order was price protected and that they can get the price difference by submitting a Price Protection Claim, as ice-capades explained. The salesman went off to investigate, after waiting for a while for them to call around for info, he confirmed that I was entitled to the lower price. As everyone says, the wait and the frustration was well worth getting that automobile! Thanks again!

My dealer told me the price increase applied to my vehicle when I picked it up on Sept. 6. I said I thought it was price protected (it was ordered June 30), but the dealer said no, and showed me the invoice showing the higher price. So I paid the higher price, but told the dealer I intended to investigate. Many thanks to Ice-capades, who made a copy of the memo sent to dealers about the price increase available here, because showing the dealer a copy of that memo convinced the dealer to refund my overpayment. I deposited the check yesterday.

Overall, it seems pretty clear to me that the majority of the dealerships have no qualms whatsoever playing dumd to the price protection guidelines. They will show you the invoice and claim "they pay the increase so you do too". I find it very unlikely that any of them would not be aware of how it's supposed to work. They're not stupid, they all got the memo, they all know the procedure. Yet, they all seem so inherently determined to get over on the unknowing customer for a thousand bucks. When confronted with proof otherwise, they seem to quickly back down and comply claiming ignorance before "WE" enlightened them. Pardon my french but that's bullshit, and kind of disturbing. Anybody else feeling this way? :stirpot:

Overall, it seems pretty clear to me that the majority of the dealerships have no qualms whatsoever playing dumd to the price protection guidelines. They will show you the invoice and claim "they pay the increase so you do too". I find it very unlikely that any of them would not be aware of how it's supposed to work. They're not stupid, they all got the memo, they all know the procedure. Yet, they all seem so inherently determined to get over on the unknowing customer for a thousand bucks. When confronted with proof otherwise, they seem to quickly back down and comply claiming ignorance before "WE" enlightened them. Pardon my french but that's bullshit, and kind of disturbing. Anybody else feeling this way? :stirpot:

It is kinda sad how some dealers will do anything for the extra buck. My dealer showed me the new price and explained how the process worked and that he had to file a price protection claim on my May order that I picked up this week. I didn't even have to ask for my original price that we hadn't discussed since May, he just lived up to his end of the deal. I guess I know a dealer I will keep doing business with...

Edited by mgfaron

I picked up my 09 Hybrid Limited yesterday and after first not thinking the price protection was doable the salesperson said no problem when I went to pick it up. I had told him earlier that there was a Price Protection Claim the dealer cound get from Ford. That seemed to work. Anyway I got the vehicle at the original sticker minus $500, which was our agreement in May.

I picked up my 09 Hybrid Limited yesterday and after first not thinking the price protection was doable the salesperson said no problem when I went to pick it up. I had told him earlier that there was a Price Protection Claim the dealer cound get from Ford. That seemed to work. Anyway I got the vehicle at the original sticker minus $500, which was our agreement in May.

Ordered my wife an MMH Premier in May...Picked it up yesterday with no price increase... :happy feet:

• 4 months later...

I placed the order for my FEH in July 2008. After 8 painstaking months, I finally got the call today from the dealership that the vehicle is ready for pickup. Of course, they also mentioned the price has increased.

Can anyone tell me if Price Protection applies to Canadian orders? Thanks.