Ford to Survive.

94ranger

I want there to still be a Ford Motor Company for me to buy my first new car from in 2012 and beyond. I don't want to have to buy a Japanese vehicle when the time comes to put my Explorer out to pasture. So "Santa"... save Ford. :sos:

DITTO

I am hoping to buy a Flex or F150 in early 2010.

Edited by DUCKRACER

Amen to that & it would be nice if my hubby still has his job at Fords as well.

I heard today that if Ford and GM fail then the nation may lose 1.2 million jobs between them and their suppliers even though some of the suppliers are also used by Honda and Toyota. I just don't understand how a company like Ford that is doing so well abroad, like they seem to be, can't find a way to save the home base and founding company from destruction.Is there no links between the markets at all?

It's all about perception. People will not move past the image problems from the 80s. Also, it's plain old elitism. Many people believe that a factory worker should not make a decent wage, that unless you've got a college education you don't deserve to make good money. So they'd rather send their money to Japan, etc. rather than support their fellow countrymen.

It's a sad self absorbed world we live in, it's all about me, me , me instead of US. No one gives a damn about anyone else anymore & that more than anything else is what's turning our country into crap now. ~sigh~ It's the US Auto Industry now, who's next? Here in Michigan, our Hospital's are being effected now so that'll probably turn into a national trend. Sorry to be so depressing, it's just damn scary here now.

With all that said, Thank you for buying Fords & supporting our Company. :)

Edited by MTPwife

It's all about perception. People will not move past the image problems from the 80s. Also, it's plain old elitism. Many people believe that a factory worker should not make a decent wage, that unless you've got a college education you don't deserve to make good money. So they'd rather send their money to Japan, etc. rather than support their fellow countrymen.

It's a sad self absorbed world we live in, it's all about me, me , me instead of US. No one gives a damn about anyone else anymore & that more than anything else is what's turning our country into crap now. ~sigh~ It's the US Auto Industry now, who's next? Here in Michigan, our Hospital's are being effected now so that'll probably turn into a national trend. Sorry to be so depressing, it's just damn scary here now.

I'm doing my best. 1989 Mustang 5.0, 2002 F-150, 2004 F-250 4x4 PSD 6.0, 2009 Ecsape Limited and hoping ot buy a 2010 Flex or F150.

I'm doing my best. 1989 Mustang 5.0, 2002 F-150, 2004 F-250 4x4 PSD 6.0, 2009 Ecsape Limited and hoping ot buy a 2010 Flex or F150.

I haven't even got a chance to help by buying one yet. I have a used 1999 Explorer. I hope to buy either a 2012 Mustang or 2012 F150. Hope i get the chance.

new member here, my wish list is for Ford to survive in these trying times as well, in addition, I would love to have a new F-150.

but I will also add, that if Ford does not survive, I will continue to buy used Fords as long as I can, no matter what, there will always be a Ford sitting in my driveway.

new member here, my wish list is for Ford to survive in these trying times as well, in addition, I would love to have a new F-150.

but I will also add, that if Ford does not survive, I will continue to buy used Fords as long as I can, no matter what, there will always be a Ford sitting in my driveway.

I will be doing the same. Still be a shame that such an icon dies and that I never got to get a brand new Ford.

• 4 weeks later...
Amen I ask tht ALL 3 survive and that we come out of this recessions quick and WE ALL can recover :)

Happy Holidays

John

Nothing is looking up for these three companies. Ford shuts down 10 plants, GM 20, and Chrysler shuts down all of its (30). Its all temporary i guess though but it still doesn't look good. :ohsnap:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I live in Ukraine and don't even own a vehicle (even though I am 20 years old), as I cannot afford it. Nevertheless, I would like Ford Motor Company to succeed, as I hope that one day I would be able to buy a brand new car, carrying a Blue Oval. I dream of driving a Mustang GT/GT500 or a Lincoln Navigator, but a Ford Focus would be a good start, too.

Best wishes to Ford!!!

If you were born in the 50s you were told get that high school diploma and you will get a good job. Now it's get that degee and you will get a mediocre job. The point being even with college the job market isn't there like it once was (remember computers was a biggie in the 80s) due mainly to shipping jobs overseas where the cost of living is fractional at best compared to here in the states. companyies, not just the Auto industry, see countries where our minimum wage is considered extremely high in cost.

There is no way to compete with that unless you are willing to work for pauper wages. And, it is apparent our government is and has been pushing for a nationa of rich and poor with no middle class.