Milan Plant Chairman, Steve Stamper, passed away

Milan Chick

The whole milan plant is deeply saddened by this sudden tragic news. Steve Stamper was an amazing Plant Chairman. He always protected his people and did whatever he could for them. He fought his ass off for us. He was a very nice man with a kind heart. He was very young as well. I honestly don't know what is going to happen to our plant without him. Please pray for his family and our plant.

The whole milan plant is deeply saddened by this sudden tragic news. Steve Stamper was an amazing Plant Chairman. He always protected his people and did whatever he could for them. He fought his ass off for us. He was a very nice man with a kind heart. He was very young as well. I honestly don't know what is going to happen to our plant without him. Please pray for his family and our plant.

Wow,

I am very sorry. Steve was a great man all around. When I worked there and ever needed help, he was there to help no matter what. Wish all Plant chairman could be llike him. (the one we have have now could have learned a lot from Steve)

I pray for his family,

he was a BIG U of M fan, Go Blue STEVE !!

He really did care about his people. He wasn't in that position to make easy money. Even with everything going on.....flowbacks, transfers, buyouts, sales....etc. Steve seemed to put us at ease for the most part. Everyone knew that Steve was doing everything he could to protect all of the people at Milan. Whether they had 30 years or 30 minutes in the plant. In my opinion, probably led him to an early death. I am just totally sick over it. I am sure there are many still at Milan that don't even know and are going to be shocked to find out the bad news when they return to work Monday. I can't even imagine what work will be like Monday......he was loved by everyone.

Yes, he was a big U of M fan. I guess he used to go to these games with his son every year. UGH. I am just so saddened.

Stamper, Steven L. Saline, MI Age 53, passed away peacefully in his sleep at home on Thursday, November 27, 2008. He was born August 23, 1955 in Rockwood, MI to Charles and Betty Lou (Reitan)Stamper. On December 23, 2003 he married Emily Rachel Anaya and she survives. Steve graduated from Carlton-Airport High School where he was an all state athlete in football, basketball and baseball. He then graduated from E.M.U.where he played basketball. He was the longest serving chairman of the Milan Ford Plastic's Plant of Local 600 where he was employed for over 30 years. He was a loyal and devoted official who was one of the smartest and wittiest chairman in the system of the U.A.W., Steve was also an avid golfer, lifelong fan of U. of M. football and an amazing friend to all. He was well respected and loved by both his family and collegues. Steven was deeply loved and cherished by his suvivors, wife Emily, his six week old son Charles William and his twenty six year old son, Christopher Charles, his loving motherBetty Lou, a brother Chuck and five sisters, Suzanne, Jacquie, Margie, Barbara and Carolyn. He was preceded in death by his father and a sister Mary. Visitation will be held at Ochalek-Stark Funeral Home, Milan on Tuesday from 6-8pm and Wednesday from 1-4 and 6-8pm. and Thursday from 9-00am until the time of service. Funeral services will begin at Ochalek-Stark Funeral Home in Milan on Thursday at 10-00am followed by procession to St. Andrew's Catholic Church in Saline for a Mass of Christian Burial at 11-00am. In Leiu of flowers those desiring may make contributions to the Charles William Stamper Scholarship Fund in care of Emily Anaya-

It is a very sad time for those of us who worked with Steve!! He was a good plant chairman and he will be missed. personally for me this is still a shock because he was a man who seemed invincible. We may not have seen eye to eye on everything and there were times that we even fought but he still did what he thought was best for all of us. I pray for his family and all of the people that were touched by him, whether you new him for 40 years or 4 months he had a way to make sure you didnt forget who he was. So we need to make sure that we pay our respects to his family, he has a son who will never know him. That is truly saddening!!!! Bye Steve Stamper until we see you again.

As a Visteon employee (new hire) with just under 2 years at the Milan plant I've grown to know Steve pretty well. Steve was friend of my father's and an elite chairman. Any time I needed anything, Steve was there to help. He gave me straight answers, sound advice and hope. He had a way of finding some good in all of the bad. He will be missed.

UAWing.jpg