Possible 3rd rnd of buyouts in '09

FordTrucklover

the tough thing about buyouts is the small window they give you to take it. I was looking at jobs back in october when they had the buyout, and have an interview this week in houston as a result of those efforts...unfortunately there are no buyouts going on right now....I would really feel like a fool to quit a job like mine, without another job lined up...Just wish they gave us more time. You never know ahead of time when the window will be, and the window is relative small.

yes but i *know* people that took buyouts when no window was open.

so it does not really matter, it is who you talk to.

i agree, i just got called back from jsp and while i was on 85% i held 2 different jobs and had calls from head hunters offering 15-22 and hour 3 to 4 times a week, did not take any of those since i was already making more than that where i was working, but there is many jobs out there and none of them cared that i was uaw.

Be careful who you say that too. Some Union brothers and sisters will hate you for using your training while in JSP.

With the JSP about to be history, all employees will be placed in plants and then the layoffs will begin. Hoping I'm wrong, I think buyouts may be a thing of the past.

Why would they pay us to leave, when they can just lay us off, and lose us in process? No JSP, no buyouts!!!!!!!!

Edited by Furious1Auto

the tough thing about buyouts is the small window they give you to take it. I was looking at jobs back in october when they had the buyout, and have an interview this week in houston as a result of those efforts...unfortunately there are no buyouts going on right now....I would really feel like a fool to quit a job like mine, without another job lined up...Just wish they gave us more time. You never know ahead of time when the window will be, and the window is relative small.

yeah, the 2 years this was going on just wasn't long enough :finger:

Be careful who you say that too. Some Union brothers and sisters will hate you for using your training while in JSP.

all the tradesmen i know that took the 85% had another job, us at sterling, a few guys i met from rawsonville, and one guy i know at woodhaven, all had another job and most had OT available. don't know why anyone could have a problem with it since you could do the same thing while holding your current job, just a pain working 2 full time jobs. the place i was working even had a guy taking the buyout from dearborn stamping i think, and he was working both jobs awaiting for his buyout date.

that's totally untrue, your either not looking hard enough, or only looking in a certain area....

oh yeah next two weeks, i got two interviews in ALABAMA, guess who they are...

if you are willing to work, and show up, they dont care.....

Alabama?? Tell senator Shelby dwn there to get F**KED! Better stay near

the city areas cause the rest is trailor park after trailor park...better learn

southern slang cause the uneducated (70% of state) cant speak proper

english....anyways, good luck and dont tell them ur pro-UAW cause they

will not call ya bk, i promise ya that.

I bet those uneducated fucks can spell TRAILER though..... :doh: jackass

LOL, that was good for a laugh, i already told them about ford, and i, things are progressing....

there is couple people from my plant going down, hey i just want to work and get paid for it....

i'm not being anti union, or anything, but they are paying good money(22-35) and hour, depending on classification

i really liked it down there tho....

been down there several times.

If/when this happens sometime next yr, it is plausible, as we are in different

position than GM/Chrysler, i am gone this time..............................im done,

after 15yrs w/ company and 2 plants, this VA boy will take it.

If they get bailout money not a dime should go to buyouts.