Local 228 to strike?

Maislebandit

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:banghead: How come you guys or gals can't seem to get along ??? This post started out as a violition of our union contract. Some how this became a big political farce about this person and that person !!! What is up with that ???? First thing the union needs to do is tell the big 3, get rid of all your contracters out of your plants while there are Trades and production people sitting in JSP waiting for a job. Especially in the trades !! :ohsnap::redcard:

Now, now there EYE....

Let's not be like that....

We're all brothers and sisters....

Larry's going to do a great job, I'm sure you'll be pleasantly suprised...

SOLIDARITY

Just a shot in the dark...but I think "eye" ran for plant committee. This is nothing personal new eye, but Larry is the only guy who walked around and asked for votes.

:banghead: How come you guys or gals can't seem to get along ??? This post started out as a violition of our union contract. Some how this became a big political farce about this person and that person !!! What is up with that ???? First thing the union needs to do is tell the big 3, get rid of all your contracters out of your plants while there are Trades and production people sitting in JSP waiting for a job. Especially in the trades !! :ohsnap::redcard:

Your right. It got way out of hand, and stupid. As far as JSP, I heard more Utica people are coming to Sterling.

Your right. It got way out of hand, and stupid. As far as JSP, I heard more Utica people are coming to Sterling.

Yeah, it did get out of hand and stupid. However, it is creating debate in the plant and making people think is not a bad thing.

Even if more than half the shit posted here is'nt true. :hysterical:

We need to come together and start acting like a union. I do see some evidence that this is already happening. Sometimes the bad blood needs to be spilled before we can clear the air and move forward. :reading:

Too many people are afraid to say what needs to be said in a union meeting. Not sure why? :banghead:

My hope is we can start to heal and start to work together with trades and production acting like one team again.

:happy feet:

Just a shot in the dark...but I think "eye" ran for plant committee. This is nothing personal new eye, but Larry is the only guy who walked around and asked for votes.

B,

That is not true at all. George Lafata walked around for 2 days. He was not a real bad person for the job either but no one is going to vote for a Cal Clark canidate.

Having Cal Clark call everyone for support of George is what hurt his chances.

Lupo is up and comming. Would like to see him make a 2 term stop at comitteeman before going for the gold.

The right guy is in that job with Larry. Neil and Larry will make sure we get a production person in plant committee next election. Rumor is that they are grooming Paul Torrentee. That would be a great pick for production and things would be a little more balanced.

I am told we will be happy with Larry. I can accept that as long as they know we are owed one next election and those two support that.

To me the issue would be resolved.

hey grandmaster b, dont think i remember running in this election but thinking their was some shadey political shit going on , LARRY wasnt the only guy to walk the floor , P.S. does the B stand for bullshit or combs or desano

B,

That is not true at all. George Lafata walked around for 2 days. He was not a real bad person for the job either but no one is going to vote for a Cal Clark canidate.

Having Cal Clark call everyone for support of George is what hurt his chances.

Lupo is up and comming. Would like to see him make a 2 term stop at comitteeman before going for the gold.

The right guy is in that job with Larry. Neil and Larry will make sure we get a production person in plant committee next election. Rumor is that they are grooming Paul Torrentee. That would be a great pick for production and things would be a little more balanced.

I am told we will be happy with Larry. I can accept that as long as they know we are owed one next election and those two support that.

To me the issue would be resolved.

Never saw Lafata, but I agree that he is a good guy. Never saw Lupo. Torrentee? Don't know him. What about Paul Previdi?

Never saw Lafata, but I agree that he is a good guy. Never saw Lupo. Torrentee? Don't know him. What about Paul Previdi?

I seen Lupo and Lafata and Brdak. Maybe you were not there when they came thru. I have to say Lupo had a good message. But experience wins the day. Lafata has too many has beens attached to him.

Torrentee is one of the best committemen, get to know him. He is still a little raw but the potential is overwhelming.

Paul is appointed and im not sure is wants that kind of responsability just yet. Three terms as a committeman will just about kill you in todays atmosphere.

I think some of these guys just want to take a breather for a few because so much has been thrown at them for years now they may be a little beat down. Fresh blood is always good in small doses.

Look for Lupo in the near future. This guy is a player. :shades:

I seen Lupo and Lafata and Brdak. Maybe you were not there when they came thru. I have to say Lupo had a good message. But experience wins the day. Lafata has too many has beens attached to him.

Torrentee is one of the best committemen, get to know him. He is still a little raw but the potential is overwhelming.

Paul is appointed and im not sure is wants that kind of responsability just yet. Three terms as a committeman will just about kill you in todays atmosphere.

I think some of these guys just want to take a breather for a few because so much has been thrown at them for years now they may be a little beat down. Fresh blood is always good in small doses.

look for him where??? at HERO'S?? :-)

BRDAK and TORRENTEE 100%

hey grandmaster b, dont think i remember running in this election but thinking their was some shadey political shit going on , LARRY wasnt the only guy to walk the floor , P.S. does the B stand for bullshit or combs or desano

Larry was the only person I saw in my Dept.

He got my vote!!! Why don't you go fuck your self Big fat shit talking EYE.

Where are the other people that were running for the spot!!!! I could meet you face to face and give you a list of people that did not see anyone else. You gonna come and step to your shit talking plate? IM me and I will meet you in my dept. no one will know and you could educate me on your problems!!! I bet you dont!!!

EAGLE....

Torrentee?????Lupo?????....

Are you kidding me ????

I don't know about you Eagle....I just don't know....

SOLIDARITY

EAGLE....

Torrentee?????Lupo?????....

Are you kidding me ????

I don't know about you Eagle....I just don't know....

SOLIDARITY

Why? Torrentee is a good committeeman.

Lupo " I think" would be a good commiteeman if given the chance.

If you are trades why would you care if we in production wanted Torrentee? It should be our pick, not tradesmen telling us who we should like.

We did not tell you guys to not select Brdak, Wallyn, or Dooley.

I wish there was a way production got a plant committee and skiled got one and only skilled voted for thiers and production voted for thiers.

This would end the problem once and for all.

What do you think about that idea?

Edited by TheEagle

Why? Torrentee is a good committeeman.

Lupo " I think" would be a good commiteeman if given the chance.

If you are trades why would you care if we in production wanted Torrentee? It should be our pick, not tradesmen telling us who we should like.

We did not tell you guys to not select Brdak, Wallyn, or Dooley.

I wish there was a way production got a plant committee and skiled got one and only skilled voted for thiers and production voted for thiers.

This would end the problem once and for all.

What do you think about that idea?

there is a way , the next election i think will fix the problem the membership will decide ,i dont support any rule changes to that effect.unfortunately we are the only production people that have been posting on the subject .

Larry was the only person I saw in my Dept.

He got my vote!!! Why don't you go fuck your self Big fat shit talking EYE.

Where are the other people that were running for the spot!!!! I could meet you face to face and give you a list of people that did not see anyone else. You gonna come and step to your shit talking plate? IM me and I will meet you in my dept. no one will know and you could educate me on your problems!!! I bet you dont!!!

resource center or commitee room ?