should Van Dyke worry

mustard

Hope they are calling the 6f35 the new power shift!!!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Ford-to-brin...f-14116410.html

The PS is currently being built in Germany as a joint venture between Ford and Getrag AG. It is supposed to go in all Fiestas and in the Focus starting in 2010 or 2011. That could eliminate our whole Focus line. If anyone has more definate info, please post. thanks!

Edited by mechanic

The PS is currently being built in Germany as a joint venture between Ford and Getrag AG. It is supposed to go in all Fiestas and in the Focus starting in 2010 or 2011. That could eliminate our whole Focus line. If anyone has more definate info, please post. thanks!

From what I heard some people we in measuring for something at van dyke. Not sure If It has something to do with this or not??

Thanks for the info looked up Getrag's web site

seems they are in chapter 11 right now they have a press release date 1/20/09

they also have one for their partnership with Chrysler LLC seems the big 3 dont care about power trains anymore! also says the power shift can work in mid size cars

The Mexico part sure makes sense, since the fiesta will be assembled there. also the chapter 11, then they can get it built even cheaper with wage and benefit cuts. I hope we get some of the work, but I am not counting on it.

I know things are tight everywhere. A friend just got ILO from steelmaster in Oxford, they make a lot of our lines and machinery. The whole plant was closed last Friday. seems CAT pulled out of a major deal leaving them with about 4mil in investment. That caused them to loose cash flow and stop production on two other jobs one for Ford, and one for GM. Don't know what the ford job was, but they are trying to get up and running again. Also heard one of our suppliers went down and we might get an extra week off in the FN area. Until they find a new supplier.

The Mexico part sure makes sense, since the fiesta will be assembled there. also the chapter 11, then they can get it built even cheaper with wage and benefit cuts. I hope we get some of the work, but I am not counting on it.

I know things are tight everywhere. A friend just got ILO from steelmaster in Oxford, they make a lot of our lines and machinery. The whole plant was closed last Friday. seems CAT pulled out of a major deal leaving them with about 4mil in investment. That caused them to loose cash flow and stop production on two other jobs one for Ford, and one for GM. Don't know what the ford job was, but they are trying to get up and running again. Also heard one of our suppliers went down and we might get an extra week off in the FN area. Until they find a new supplier.

Heard we lost 5 suppliers for the FN line. Including some parts or seals that are supplied to the clean room.