Chrysler jobs bank ends Monday

jrboatin

http://www.freep.com/article/20090124/BUSI...ank+ends+Monday

The controversial jobs bank -- a program that allowed UAW workers to receive pay while not working -- ends Monday at Chrysler, the union has told its members.

did you read the rest of the article.....

now they will get unemployment, and at 100% pay now....

so now bush is going to pay them.....LOL

Along with all the taxpayers who are working and paying into unemployment, who were so against a LOAN, and pushed for regulations against the D3

Along with all the taxpayers who are working and paying into unemployment, who were so against a LOAN, and pushed for regulations against the D3

yeah that's what i dont understand, in jobs bank after taxes you only make 60% of pay....(40 hours)

NOW, with unemployment, you get 95% and no taxes if you so chose....NICE...

yeah that's what i dont understand, in jobs bank after taxes you only make 60% of pay....(40 hours)

NOW, with unemployment, you get 95% and no taxes if you so chose....NICE...

Not necessarily so. If you only collect unemployment, then it may be tax free because your total is more than 50% of yrly. income. And if this is so, its not even 1/2 of previous income(40 hrs minus taxes).I dont know any unemp. that is that high. If you collect Sub/Unemp. your Sub is taxable income and in most states it is more than whatever Unemp. is ....so you will still have unemp. that is less than 50% of your income so it will all be taxed. This is Fed tax, as far as state tax, each state has its own set of rules.

So if you are collecting both Sub and unemployment I would suggest that you either have the state take taxes out of unemployment or put away some each check to cover taxes. Or you could have a hefty fed tax bill each April.

Not necessarily so. If you only collect unemployment, then it may be tax free because your total is more than 50% of yrly. income. And if this is so, its not even 1/2 of previous income(40 hrs minus taxes).I dont know any unemp. that is that high. If you collect Sub/Unemp. your Sub is taxable income and in most states it is more than whatever Unemp. is ....so you will still have unemp. that is less than 50% of your income so it will all be taxed. This is Fed tax, as far as state tax, each state has its own set of rules.

So if you are collecting both Sub and unemployment I would suggest that you either have the state take taxes out of unemployment or put away some each check to cover taxes. Or you could have a hefty fed tax bill each April.

well i understand what your saying, but i was off, layoff, unemployment with sub, for 3 month...no tax, taking out...fed. or state, and i had paid more then enoughin the other months, so it worked out fine....

still it is more then 85%

Dark i am tired right now but I have read the article twice and do not see what you are saying. If you are talking about the enhanced lay-off, how do we know exactly what that is?