hvc's future

Hvcpicker

:stop: With the steady stream of layoffs happening every year for a few years now is anybody wondering about the future of the hvc system? I know , why put this on here right? Because it's a legitimate question. They have been taking work out of the buildings for years , spinning off the ford parts into motorcraft labels to " expand the business". Come on man if you work at an hvc get ready for the sale ....in my opinion. Also , the head of the hvc system already said..." i can do this work for far less , I just dont see a reason to do that ....AT THIS TIME". Quote given seven months ago. Either contraction or out and out closing of the system. :slap:

I don't think you have anything to worry about. The reason the line count is going down is that there are less dealers. Remember, parts makes money! Lots of money. I have heard on numerous occasions," When things are bad, you want to be in parts".

That used to be the truth when the division was run efficiently but who knows anymore. Now they have over 20 leased locations instead of 9 or 10 owned locations and the 20 locations are half empty. That's a lot of wasted money they need to make up for before profits start kicking in. I'm sure they are still making money but it can't be the cash cow it used to be.