AAI transfers to Woodhaven

Wingsrock

I started at Woodhaven this week you earn your money it's nothing like Monroe. The union put out a letter today stating they got the company to post pone anymore flowbacks until april. They will then see how much work they have and then decide if thay can use anymore people. :shades:

Edited by dingleberry911

I started at Woodhaven this week you earn your money it's nothing like Monroe. The union put out a letter today stating they got the company to post pone anymore flowbacks until april. They will then see how much work they have and then decide if thay can use anymore people. :shades:

Thanks for responding, what plant did you come from? Also, did you get a phone call or a letter in advance?

Thanks for responding, what plant did you come from? Also, did you get a phone call or a letter in advance?

There is currently 150 production on layoff. They just placed 47 more people at the plant this week that we don't need. There are about 40 people a day going home early for some period of time. There is no steel, parts, or vendor parts for many lines but yet they want to bring in more people. I would just relax and let things unfold. If volume doesn't pick up I don't really see how they can justify bringing in more people. I understand the concept of bringing in people to force the lower senority out and in all honesty that is what it looks like they are trying to do.

There is currently 150 production on layoff. They just placed 47 more people at the plant this week that we don't need. There are about 40 people a day going home early for some period of time. There is no steel, parts, or vendor parts for many lines but yet they want to bring in more people. I would just relax and let things unfold. If volume doesn't pick up I don't really see how they can justify bringing in more people. I understand the concept of bringing in people to force the lower senority out and in all honesty that is what it looks like they are trying to do.
You understand that concept?

• 2 weeks later...
Just looking for any updates/rumors as to when the AAI people can expect to be called into Woodhaven. Thanks in advance.

I recently heard rumor that all those (from AAI) that were supposed to be transferred to Woodhaven are going to have to return to AAI...can anyone confirm this?

I recently heard rumor that all those (from AAI) that were supposed to be transferred to Woodhaven are going to have to return to AAI...can anyone confirm this?

A friend of mine told me that they told him to come to the meeting at the Region and they will fill them in as to what is going on.

A friend of mine told me that they told him to come to the meeting at the Region and they will fill them in as to what is going on.

The last offical statement from the union was" that the transfers are put on hold to April and would be looked at then". They had some type understanding with Paul Kosian, who is the director of stamping. There are not many people going home daily as there was in the past few months but there are still some. The Monroe transfers came 2 weeks ago. I think there was 47.

Was told today at the local 3000 informational meeting that we would be given a report date by the end of this week...

Got a call today from local 3000 with a new "tentative" report date to Woodhaven of 3/16. They said Woodhaven would contact us about definite report date. I think I've heard this before.

Got a call today from local 3000 with a new "tentative" report date to Woodhaven of 3/16. They said Woodhaven would contact us about definite report date. I think I've heard this before.

I wouldn't count on that date. They just posted a TLO list today of about 70 people. They will be off from March 9 to at least April 5. And yesterday at the local hall before the vote, Bob King said they will not bring anybody else into the plant until production volumes go up. The reason why the people are being put on TLO is because volumes are going down.

Edited by woodhaven44

I wouldn't count on that date. They just posted a TLO list today of about 70 people. They will be off from March 9 to at least April 5. And yesterday at the local hall before the vote, Bob King said they will not bring anybody else into the plant until production volumes go up. The reason why the people are being put on TLO is because volumes are going down.

I don't know if it is a good place to go to now that the concessions were voted down. Probably a death sentence to the plant....

The company has until April 1st to notify us if we will have a shutdown. As it is now, the shutdown weeks will probably be the weeks of June 29th, and August 17th.

Everyone that has been identified for these 2 plants will be stuffed into these 2 plants on the 16th!! :shades:

Still no notice of report date, I hope they give us more than 1 days notice, especially if we are to report on Monday...

I don't see anyone reporting Monday at Woodhaven. We are going to have another 90-100 people put on layoff on the 16th for about 5 weeks. This is on top of the 89 the put out this week! But who knows!

I don't see anyone reporting Monday at Woodhaven. We are going to have another 90-100 people put on layoff on the 16th for about 5 weeks. This is on top of the 89 the put out this week! But who knows!

Union said that the 100 people will not be coming the 16th but they also did not say when you would be coming.

• 2 weeks later...

The AAI workers scheduled to go to woodhaven, have been told to go back home to AAI., on the 23rd. We need more back fill to cover the saline transfers. This will probably be gen pool workers.. In Trim & Final some units are losing half their workers to saline transfers. We need new people to cover them right away! We're like a great big spinning wheel, older workers out and then newer workers in. Plus we have the availibility of the buyouts in 2 weeks, which will change everything all over again. Mass Chaos, what could go wrong?