LAP Body Shop

tincup2b

I have heard that LAP is in the process of building a new body shop. Can anyone confirm this? If they are building a new body shop is it a seperate building or is it in the existing building. I'm not farmiliar with the LAP layout so any info would help. The rumors are that LAP is going to build the KUGA one minute then the next minute I am hearing that theyb are going to build the Transit Connect and KCAP will build the KUGA. Whichever way it happens I hope both plants stay open.

I have heard that LAP is in the process of building a new body shop. Can anyone confirm this? If they are building a new body shop is it a seperate building or is it in the existing building. I'm not farmiliar with the LAP layout so any info would help. The rumors are that LAP is going to build the KUGA one minute then the next minute I am hearing that theyb are going to build the Transit Connect and KCAP will build the KUGA. Whichever way it happens I hope both plants stay open.

i work in the body shop at lap, and i haven't seen any expansion, only one i have heard is when they retool for the c platform, it will be a complete retool of the plant , supposedly the retool at mtp and lap are supposed to be the new prototype plants, with things being like no other plants. The kuga and transit connect are built both on the new c platform, which kcap doesn't have , so unless they retool , i wouldn't see either one at kcap, but then again anything can and will change at the drop of a hat. I also hope that kc stays open and every other plant in the system , good luck to all.

Heard they were breaking ground for a new bodyshop at KCAP very soon. I can't confirm this,just what is being said. :shades:

Just saw the local news. (WAVE 3 news) Don't know where they got the info but they said we were going to build the Kuga in the near future. They also said Detroit told them there is no announcement of this.

There is no new body shop work going on. We heard lately (if we do get a new vehicle) it will be 3 new models to start then they will add more.

Production is working 4-10's mon-thur, some down weeks. Maintenance 5-8's with no overtime.