I would like to offer a suggestion for the next Panther platform. Since sales of the new Explorer are down approximately 25%, why doesn’t Ford build a new full-size car off this platform? There are some people that need to tow a trailer and cannot afford but one automobile. There is also a safety factor by using the explorer frame. Most Police officers that I have talked too stated they don’t feel safe driving the Chevy Impala while on patrol. They also complain of having transmission problems early on. This would allow Ford to build a full-size automobile on a frame and maintain a presence in the Police market which they currently own.

I would like to also suggest the next Lincoln Town Car be built off the new Expedition chassis. Most rich people like the feel of a large luxury sedan. This platform would be ideal with minimal cost. Ford could even utilize the Expedition EL for a factory built limousine. There are many limousine business and Funeral homes that I bet would be interested.

Both suggestions would allow Ford to build multiple vehicles off existing platforms. As long as Ford used the same pickup points for both vehicles, the development cost would be drastically reduced. Both platforms are new and have the durability that full-size automobiles require. Are you listening Ford?

:shrug: