Attention FORD! Maybe this will resurrect Volvo...

bucky

Just a suggestion...

I grew up thinking a Volvo was best represented by a Volvo 240. When I think of Volvos, I think of safety. Weren't they the first to come up with seat belts or shoulder harnesses? Volvo has gotten away from what it is supposed to be known for... Safety! Sure they have airbags, traction control, stability control but so do so many other cars. Heck they even have that new collision avoidance radar which has been out a while. Volvo should be a leader/innovator that sets the pace that all others follow. Come up with revolutionary new ideas for safety instead of riding on the coat tails of others. Why would I buy a Volvo when I can buy a new Taurus which probably has the same safety features and cost thousands less?

By the way, I rode in a Volvo S40 or S60 a while back and other than having very comfortable seats, it seemed like a rough riding, glorified econobox. Yes the old 240's were boxy but were quality machines.

I don't claim to be any kind of marketing genius but why not go back to basics? Just an idea for you FORD and it didn't even cost you a dime.

A FORD Owner :)

Just a suggestion...

I grew up thinking a Volvo was best represented by a Volvo 240. When I think of Volvos, I think of safety. Weren't they the first to come up with seat belts or shoulder harnesses? Volvo has gotten away from what it is supposed to be known for... Safety! Sure they have airbags, traction control, stability control but so do so many other cars. Heck they even have that new collision avoidance radar which has been out a while. Volvo should be a leader/innovator that sets the pace that all others follow. Come up with revolutionary new ideas for safety instead of riding on the coat tails of others. Why would I buy a Volvo when I can buy a new Taurus which probably has the same safety features and cost thousands less?

By the way, I rode in a Volvo S40 or S60 a while back and other than having very comfortable seats, it seemed like a rough riding, glorified econobox. Yes the old 240's were boxy but were quality machines.

I don't claim to be any kind of marketing genius but why not go back to basics? Just an idea for you FORD and it didn't even cost you a dime.

A FORD Owner :)

Many current Ford products are based on Volvo platforms. Taurus, TaurusX and Flex come to mind....