KCAP Truck Shift Change

kcaprepair

Good Morning,

Does anyone have any information about the future fate of the commercial truck night shift? I have heard it three ways. No change with some overtime, transfer to SUV side and build Escapes on our infamous "C" crew of two days, Fri. and Sat. and two nights Sat. and Sun. The final scenario was three eight hour shifts Monday through Friday. Anyone out there?

Good Morning,

Does anyone have any information about the future fate of the commercial truck night shift? I have heard it three ways. No change with some overtime, transfer to SUV side and build Escapes on our infamous "C" crew of two days, Fri. and Sat. and two nights Sat. and Sun. The final scenario was three eight hour shifts Monday through Friday. Anyone out there?

The most expensive shift to run is day shift with electrical rates being at there highest .

So it makes the most sence to shut down days and work afternoons and midnights.

They have less people per shift, Just as much work gets done to make up for the shift rates, and by the time they come in management will know what they want to do. :finger:

Only reason its "cheaper" for dtp to make all the f-150's is the state of michigan can't afford all the unemployment in the state.

Seriously, all the sniping and whipsawing between plants is getting f'n old.

Only reason its "cheaper" for dtp to make all the f-150's is the state of michigan can't afford all the unemployment in the state.

Seriously, all the sniping and whipsawing between plants is getting f'n old.

Hey how did KCAP vote on the concessions?

Hey how did KCAP vote on the concessions?

The Union Standard "51-49%" vote result was used as per the norm

I'm fairly positive trades voted no(but not sure on this), but that was also fairly common company wide

Good morning,

The question still remains, I realize no one has a crystal ball, perhaps anyone up North could tell me their tentative schedule for trucks and their three shifts, and if the third shift is like our "C" shift was in SUV last year, Fri. Sat. dayshift. Sunday Monday night shift. Just want to know how everyone else is being treated in these trying times. It is cool to hear any response at all, but yes we are all in this together.

Good morning,

The question still remains, I realize no one has a crystal ball, perhaps anyone up North could tell me their tentative schedule for trucks and their three shifts, and if the third shift is like our "C" shift was in SUV last year, Fri. Sat. dayshift. Sunday Monday night shift. Just want to know how everyone else is being treated in these trying times. It is cool to hear any response at all, but yes we are all in this together.

The DTP 'C' crew is scheduled just as you mentioned, but since our plant is only working with 2 crews at a time, (each two weeks, one crew is on layoff) there is no 'C' crew per say. . . This schedule is extended to the end of the year. . . June 22nd down week had been canceled and a possible cancellation of another in October. . . With 10% increase in sale anticipated, production should stay steady. . . . Can't give you a name and depending on sales, I was told that the 'C' crew may drop as manpower and seniority levels out and the Michigan Assembly Plant comes on line.

Edited by DTPmustangdriver

The DTP 'C' crew is scheduled just as you mentioned, but since our plant is only working with 2 crews at a time, (each two weeks, one crew is on layoff) there is no 'C' crew per say. . . This schedule is extended to the end of the year. . . June 22nd down week had been canceled and a possible cancellation of another in October. . . With 10% increase in sale anticipated, production should stay steady. . . . Can't give you a name and depending on sales, I was told that the 'C' crew may drop as manpower and seniority levels out and the Michigan Assembly Plant comes on line.

The new Michigan Plant is not suppose to come online til at least another year or longer...

Looks like your "C" crew is run a whole lot different than ours. It's a different world going to the SUV side for our Nite shift in trucks. Between the goofy hours and poor management it is nothing but a cluster mess over there.

Good morning, The other day local news said KCAP is getting retooling money. I am assuming for the Transit? What else does Ford have up it's sleave?

I thought you guys were slated for the Kuga and possible C-max

nah gettlefuckedus swung the kuga to his home plant. Even though the cieling, as I understand wouldhbe to be raised to accomodate it. Now I have heard they are sending it to Wayne.

who knoww until the hammer falls.