Real 2010 Appearance dates @ dealerships?

2004BlackBird

My wife & I have narrowed our next vehicle choice to an MKS, MKX or 2010 Taurus, either Limited or SHO. We would like to see/drive the new Taurus first before making a final decision. (trunk opening problem with MKS, wife needs to place folding wheel chair in it for her mother so she likes MKX so far ... and of course the $$$ difference)

We have an excellent relationship with our dealer - and the salesman I deal with has been there 15+ years and is their largest producer - but their information (as of last week) was that 'late

August availability on the lot for non SHO models and Thanksgiving/Christmas time period for the SHO'.

However, they also seem to have other 'info issues' such as 'Fusion not related in any way to MKZ' and 'Taurus and MKS are not in any way the same basic car', etc.

The current X-Plan + $2000 incentives are making the Taurus Limited look really good but questions are ... will anyone actually get those incentives if no availability .... and can/will incentives count on an order placed by end of July .... and can someone tell us a real world date when these will be on the lot?

Thanks!

I would expect early August for deliveries to start. Incentives only apply to vehicle deliveries, so July incentives would only count if the vehicle arrives before August 1. I would expect those incentives to carry over into next month, however.

Nick,

"Thanks" for the reply.

No problem. As I understand it, Chicago Assembly Plant is currently running the 2nd prototype build on the assembly line. Assuming that run goes smoothly, production units should be rolling off the line any day.

no we are building saleble units look at begining of aug. to ship to dealers

no we are building saleble units look at begining of aug. to ship to dealers

What is the best colour for the SHO? I have ordered black, but I like to know your opinion. The order is still unscheduled so I can make the change no problem. I have changed it 3 times>>>>

i like the black and the silver, but that atlantis green is growing on me

What about the Tri-coat white? I'm afraid it will look like a huge white car......but i like the colour...

Then there is Caddy Apple Red......everyone I know is telling me to get that colour....it will standout....blah..blah...

I'm still confused what to get......not a bad problem though....

What about the Tri-coat white? I'm afraid it will look like a huge white car......but i like the colour...

Then there is Caddy Apple Red......everyone I know is telling me to get that colour....it will standout....blah..blah...

I'm still confused what to get......not a bad problem though....

to be honest don't really look at the white one's