Welcome to DSP

jerzey

Finally, good luck to the new transfers from auto alliance to DSP. Bringing in these 10-15 individuals with 2003 seniority and above is a plus for the UAW and DSP. 8 of these new arrivals already hold inspector classifications (gravy) which were open bids this week. With the addition of the focus door lines this winter hopefully more brothers and sisters will have the same opportunity to return to work and be transferred to one of the best stamping plants in the country.

Finally, good luck to the new transfers from auto alliance to DSP. Bringing in these 10-15 individuals with 2003 seniority and above is a plus for the UAW and DSP. 8 of these new arrivals already hold inspector classifications (gravy) which were open bids this week. With the addition of the focus door lines this winter hopefully more brothers and sisters will have the same opportunity to return to work and be transferred to one of the best stamping plants in the country.

I find that hard to believe that new transfers got promotional bid jobs, i find it harder to believe it happened at DSP and not at DTP/body(same bargaining unit).

DSP is the golden child for the unit rep's all came from DSP except 1 bargaining rep, and the unit contract clearly states no new transfers can receive a promotional bid for 90 days after entering the facility. The only way this could have happened is if

1. they have been in the plant more than 90 days

2. it was a job that no one that was already in DSP wanted.

Inspector jobs make this story even harder to believe that 2003 seniority employee's are getting these jobs.

Sorry just sounds like bullshit to me , but who knows maybe some of the old timers there don't mind busting there ass's Lol

I find that hard to believe that new transfers got promotional bid jobs, i find it harder to believe it happened at DSP and not at DTP/body(same bargaining unit).

DSP is the golden child for the unit rep's all came from DSP except 1 bargaining rep, and the unit contract clearly states no new transfers can receive a promotional bid for 90 days after entering the facility. The only way this could have happened is if

Inspector jobs make this story even harder to believe that 2003 seniority employee's are getting these jobs.

Sorry just sounds like bullshit to me , but who knows maybe some of the old timers there don't mind busting there ass's Lol

Your number 2 was correct no one wants the job. Inspector leader has to break the welds on the door after they worked on the line the whole day and sometimes they pull you off early to do it and then put you back on the line. They've had to force people sometimes to take the job.

Your number 2 was correct no one wants the job. Inspector leader has to break the welds on the door after they worked on the line the whole day and sometimes they pull you off early to do it and then put you back on the line. They've had to force people sometimes to take the job.

exactly what was posted, It's a shit job with a big title. Last year they forced 10 low seniority to take position. welcome to DSP.

Although I hate to say it , you were right ! Rep told me today that these jobs were available work at DSP, and the fact that not enough people bid on these jobs the transfers were givien the AVAILABLE JOBS . The brothers and sisters brought in are Grateful to be off ILO and make 30 cents an hour more than the production folks here. The positions as stated earlier are great jobs that even a caveman can do. We had two more from woodhaven come in today so good luck to them as well. It looks like things are heading in the right direction for all of us, and hopefully we can get everybody back to work soon. Good luck to all.

exactly what was posted, It's a shit job with a big title. Last year they forced 10 low seniority to take position. welcome to DSP.

What ten ? Are we talking about the same job? Same plant ? The inspector gets off line 90 minutes prior to end of shift to break a few welds, it takes under a half hour to do than they are finished.

What ten ? Are we talking about the same job? Same plant ? The inspector gets off line 90 minutes prior to end of shift to break a few welds, it takes under a half hour to do than they are finished.

Most came from afternoon shift, 2000 seniority, & its just a couple more than a few welds.lol.... line 24,25,240 241 has something like 140 welds. Joe Lewis makes you get back on line if you break door to fast, lol...

JERZEY The only gravy job at DSP is team leader. You probably know how to get one of those jobs. Breaking welds is tough especially when you have to go back to the line.

Why does everyone keep saying " go back on the line" ? Thats what we do ! the people before us, the people after us, we work production right? I can only imagine how many people would love to make $30 hr. Especially in today's economy. I'm grateful to be working and I'm sure many others are as well. I will agree with you that all the jobs are tough, however, not nearly as tough as they once were. Keep your head up and stay positive.

Why does everyone keep saying " go back on the line" ? Thats what we do ! the people before us, the people after us, we work production right? I can only imagine how many people would love to make $30 hr. Especially in today's economy. I'm grateful to be working and I'm sure many others are as well. I will agree with you that all the jobs are tough, however, not nearly as tough as they once were. Keep your head up and stay positive.

You are given a least an hour to break door , some are doing it in 1/2 then disappearing, Frank doesn't like houdinis that disapperar. lol...